Puglia Bike Tour: Cycling Through the History of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Starting out from Montalbano, at the foot of the hills between Ostuni and Fasano, in the heart of Puglia, we cycle on a section of the Traiana road and go down hill towards the coast to discover the coastal dune park, a small treasure of biodiversity made of plants, trees, reptiles and birds typical of the wet lands. Tour continues slowly on small roads lined by stone with drystone walls, rarely visited cattle track and unique landscapes.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Technical assistance
- Entry/Admission - Madera Bike Tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Madera Bike Tour, 72017, Ostuni Italy
Starting out from Montalbano we’ll reach the olive grove plain and the ancient Traiana road that in the past connected Rome to Brindisi and today links Fasano and Ostuni with a paved cycling path, with hardly any traffic, full of spots of interest that describe what rural life used to be like.
During the tour we explain the history of the olive oil, from cultivation to harvest of olives describing the different production methods depending from on its final use: from the lamp oil to the high quality extra virgin we’ll tell you about the history and the passion developed over the centuries, always in tight connection with the local community.
On the trail we will visit an hypogeum oil mill with old millstone and presses, a fortified masseria farmhouse, a modern mill and a centenary olive field. Is possible to arrange an extra virgin olive oil tastings.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Via Aspromonte, 61, 72016 Montalbano BR, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible by hand bike, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- All passenger heights should be advised at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.