Q'eswachaka - Excursion to the Last Inca Bridge
Q'eswachaka - this Inca bridge is the only one that still exists. It is located approximately three hours from Cusco by car, in the province of Canas. People who love adventure and culture should visit this place. people who have the courage can cross the bridge that measures 28 meters and that is made of ichu (puna straw).
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up from your hotel
- Private transportation for the group
- Professional bi-lingual guide
- First aid kit
- Entry/Admission - Puente Qeswachaka
What's excluded :
- Entrances: 15 PEN
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puente Qeswachaka, Cusco Peru
The trip begins in the city of Cusco with the pick-up from your hotel at 6 am. approximately in the south-west direction. After almost two hours of travel we will visit the four lagoons: lagoon of pomacanchi, of storage, asnaqocha and pampamarca or tungasuca. After enjoying a quiet moment near the lagoons, the next place we will visit is the small volcano of pavilions that is located near the town of yanaoca.
finally we will arrive at the apurimac river and the impressive Inca bridge. This hanging Inca bridge is made of vegetable fiber (ichu) and is located on the Apurímac River in the district of Quehue. The existence of this bridge dates from the Inca period. The renovation and maintenance is done once a year by the local people of the four communities that are around. Before starting with the renewal of the bridge an offering is given as a sign of respect and gratitude to the Pachamama.
We will have the opportunity to cross the Inca bridge. But be careful, it seems easy, but it takes courage. Undoubtedly you will feel a great emotion crossing this bridge so much that you will feel like Indiana Jones. On the way back to Cusco we will visit the archaeological remains of Rumiqolqa. The buildings probably date from the time of the constructions probably date from the time of the Tiahuanaco-Huari civilization and were later covered with stones carved and polished at the time of the Incas.
Rumicolqa served as a checkpoint. This construction is located 31 km southeast of Cusco, near Piquillacta, on the edge of the Cusco-Puno highway.
Some stones on the inner sides of the door have mysterious protuberances that also appear on picasa and other Inca monuments. According to Victor Angles, it is a form of ideographic writing. This interesting trip ends in the city of Cusco at approximately 5 pm.
then we will go to the chapel of Andahuaylillas, if the sober exterior is of popular Renaissance style, the interior is a splendid sample of the baroque. This was a style that sought to impose itself on the spectator with the overwhelming presence of the ornamental. One must imagine the indigenous multitudes newly converted to Christianity entering the church and visually experiencing the "power" of the new faith expressed in that sculptural and pictorial richness besetting them from above and on the sides. in fact, that was the style that prevailed throughout Europe and its colonies in those decades, but that reaches a high degree of expression in the fusion with American cultures, inherently prone to rich ornamental fantasy.
Places to visit:
• Laguna de Pomacanchi
• Laguna de Asnaqocha
• Laguna de Pampamarca or Tungasuca
• Puente Inca de Q’eswachaka
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all our passengers from their respective hotels with-in the historic centre of Cusco. If anyof our passengers are staying out-side the historic centre, we will communicate the exact place andtime of pick-up, it will solely be your responsibility to be at the designated spot on time.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- It is recommended to bring with you: Sun hat, Sunscreen, Waterproof jacket
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.