Quetzal Birding Experience at San Gerardo de Dota
Do you want to learn more Quetzals and many more birds?
If your answer is YES.
With our Nature specialist tours guides, we can help you to make your dreams into reality, tailoring the tour according to your necessitates and expectancies inside our birding hot spots given you the edge having close views and encounters with the local bird fauna
Make your birding experience with us into memories for a lifetime.
per adult from
8 hours 35 minutes
What's included :
- Videos and pictures for free with our top notch Swarovski equipment
- Certified Tour Guide.
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Typical Lunch of Costa Rica Casado(rice,beans,salad,chicken,beef,Vegetarian options are available)
- Snacks - Snacks like cookies and fruits would be provided during the activities
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- You have to bring your own binoculars, we dont provide them
Are you ready to Explore the high Mountain Range of Costa Rica?
With an elevation from the 800 mts to 3125 mts over the sea level, San Gerardo De Dota is the home and nesting area of the Resplendent Quetzal, which is considered to be the most beautiful bird of Central America and is currently at the top 5 of the most beautiful of our continent. San Gerardo de Dota.We will start our adventure early morning cause quetzals they sleep on lowlands and the move into upper lands,as with enjoy the company of quetzal you will have the opportunity to enjoy hummingbirds, flycatchers, woodpeckers, haws, parakeet wrens, tanagers, and many others ,It is a great place to visit if you’re looking for peaceful hikes and birding! Thanks to locals that as private owners keep untouched the beauty and forest found in San Gerardo de Dota.
After of some birding and enjoy the quetzals, we will take you to have breakfast, to later to descent to lowers lands to spot others birds, as the day goes by with will provide you water and others snacks to gives the energy to continue birding. Don’t miss the opportunity to see and enjoy Resplandazent Quetzal and all the beauty of San Gerardo de Dota has to offer.
• Parque National Los Quetzales, Parc, San Gerardo de Dota Costa Rica
Departure Point :Park Trail, Puntarenas Province, Quepos, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up times depend on the hotel where you stay. We only include transportation around Quepos and Manuel Antonio. Please be a responsible visitor, if by any chance you are having delays on Breakfast, mechanical or any other issues please let us know, is not nice for others visitors waiting in the Van for you to show up, after 10 minutes of a wait at the agreed pickup place, it would be considered as NO SHOW and refunds are not applicable
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Snacks as water,fruits would be provide during this activity
- If any tours are canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- We will provide you the transportation in our birding hotspots
- Not recommended for travelers with Knees Problems this walking activity
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.