Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef Cruise
For your experience of a lifetime, Quicksilver will take you to the renowned Agincourt Reef on the edge of Australia's Continental Shelf, a jewel-like ribbon reef of spectacular coral formations, colourful marine life and exceptional underwater visibility.
You'll cruise in air-conditioned comfort to Quicksilver’s exclusive and spacious activity platform, the perfect destination to experience this stunning reef world. Ideal for swimmers and non-swimmers, you can choose to snorkel and dive or stay dry and explore from the underwater observatory and semi-submersible. Friendly and attentive crew, including professional marine biologists, are on hand to ensure guests enjoy and gain the most from their day.
Exciting optional activities include introductory and certified scuba diving, marine biologist guided snorkel tours, Oceanwalker helmet diving and scenic helicopter tours.
Experience Nature's Finest with Australia's Best - Quicksilver
Quicksilver is Australia's most awarded reef cruise company and looks forward to sharing this wonderful World Heritage environment with you! All of Quicksilver's cruises are accredited with Advanced Ecotourism and Climate Action Certification.
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch
- All snorkelling equipment provided
- Stinger/Lycra Suits & Bouyancy Aids provided
- Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew]
- Day 1 : Day Tour9.30am Complimentary morning tea/coffee on boarding. For your safety, hot drinks are not served once the vessel is underway. Passengers are required to be onboard the vessel 15 minutes before departure. 10.00am Depart Reef Marina for the Outer Barrier Reef. A Marine Biologist presentation is shown on the vessel monitors 30 minutes after departure. A snorkelling demonstration follows the Marine Biologist presentation. 11.30am - Arrive Outer Barrier Reef - reef activities commence: - Enjoy swimming and snorkelling from submerged platform - Underwater observatory open for coral and fish viewing - Semi-subs depart every fifteen minutes from the rear of the platform. - Pre-booked guided snorkelling tours, certified and introductory diving and helicopter scenic flights - Fish feeding conducted at the snorkelling platform at announced times. 12 noon Lunch [included in the fare] is served. Enjoy a hot and cold tropical buffet, containing fresh prawns, pastas, meats, salads and fruit and vegetarian options. Licenced bar facilities are to purchase drinks. 1.30pmLunch finishes. Time for more activity or just relax, laze on the sundeck or just take in the amazing view! 3.00pm Depart Agincourt Reef for Port Douglas. Reef video viewing on board. 4.30pm Arrival at Reef Marina, Port Douglas.Meals :Lunch
Departures from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Scenic Coach Transfers with commentary available from Cairns and Northern Beaches.
Cruise departs Port Douglas: 10am
Boarding Time: 9.30am
Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
- Government Environment Management Charge of AU$6.50pp payable is payable direct to Quicksilver on day of travel
- Fuel Surcharge: A fuel surcharge may be applicable and in such cases is payable direct on the day of travel.