Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip from Cusco)
You will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco, and be driven to Qollasuyo, the southern part of ancient Quechua (Cusco). The trip will be about 1 to 2 hours in transportation. You will pass by the village of Checacupe, then continue to Pitumarka, where we will have our breakfast. You will then start your hike at the foot of the snowy Ausangate, an ascent of approximately 1:30 hours to the highest point of the mountain Colorado.
During this hike, you will have the opportunity to see the different varieties of South American camelids. At the top of the mountain, you will have time to take pictures of this enigmatic place. Afterwards, we will continue the 1:30 hour descent trek to the starting point of the trek. You will then be taken by car to Pitumarka where you will have lunch, and finally return to Cusco
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional multi-lingual guide (English and Spanish)
- First Aid Kit
- Entrance Ticket
- Entry/Admission - Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
What's excluded :
- Horses (but you can rent directly at the first town)
- Visit: Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, Cordillera de Vilcanota, Cusco 08225, Peru
Journey deep into the Andes to hike Rainbow Mountain, an important worship site since pre-Inca times. With a mountain guide, you’ll safely explore the rainbow-striated mountain and see sights including adobe houses, llama herds, and the Ausangate Glacier. Plus, by going with a group, you bypass the stress of choosing the right trail or organising your own transport from Cusco. Pack light for this challenging full-day hike: breakfast and lunch are provided.
Departure Point :Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, Cordillera de Vilcanota, Cusco 08225, Peru
Departure Time :3:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.