Rainbow Mountain Full day
VINICUNCA, also known as the RAINBOW MOUNTAIN or MOUNTAIN OF 7 COLOURS, is located to the south of Cusco, in the Canchis province.
It offers its visitors a marvellous panorama of majestic mountains and glaciers such as Ausangate, crystalline rivers, peaceful pastoral scenes, herds of sheep, camelid breeders, and Andean people dressed in their native colourful clothes. This new route, apart from the established routes, is a real adventure through a wild and untouched landscape where the only encounter you will have is with VINICUNCA “THE MOUNTAIN OF 7 COLOURS”, PUCAPUNTA “the red mountain” and small Quechua-speaking communities, descendents of the Quechuas , who exploit the Altiplano.
This is a high mountain route and reaches altitudes of up to 5200 metres above sea level.
Location: Canchis province, Cusco, Peru
Level of difficulty: Normal to moderate
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Professional guide
- Transport from / to Hotel of Cusco
- Local lunch.
- Bilingual guide (english and spanish)
- Entry/Admission - Montana de Siete Colores
What's excluded :
- Payment of 1 sol to use the toilets (cooperation with the services of the community)
- Horses to go to rainbow mountain
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montana de Siete Colores, Cusco 084 Peru
At around 04:45 am you will be picked up at your hotel to begin the excursion. We head south, passing the town of Urcos (on the road to Puno). After approximately 3 hours we arrive at our destination, the slopes of the snow-capped mountain Ausangate (Hanchipata). We begin the ascent of the mountain of 7 colours (5200 masl, known as Vinicunca Mountain or the Rainbow Mountain). Along the way we will have the opportunity to see the snow-capped mountains, the imposing Ausangate, and explore the extensive grasslands that the coloured mountain offers for about 3 or 4 hours. Once we are at the top we will have plenty of time to take photos and explore the area. At the return, our lunch will be waiting for us where our vehicle will be waiting for us to take us back to Cusco, arriving at around 20.00. Transfer to your respective hotels.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/4/2019 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You should arrive in Cusco 1 day before the walk in order to acclimatise to the altitude, or more if you can.
- Bottle of water
- Warm clothes, warm waterproof jacket, rain poncho
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.