Ramen workshop in beautiful Gion
Learn to prepare delicious and healthy miso ramen in the heart of Japan's ancient capital! Under the expert guidance of a multilingual Japanese chef, you will use hand forged Japanese knives and traditional tools to create hand-made noodles in a miso ramen soup with pork, egg, green onion and local vegetables. You will pair the main dish with juicy ginger chicken and a spicy cucumber salad and enjoy your creations together with a handmade cocktail (included). This class is hands on, fun and completely delicious!
per adult from
What's included :
- Welcome Drink
- Unlimited Water and/or Green Tea
- All ingredients
- English language instruction
- Take home recipe
What's excluded :
- Extra drinks (available for purchase nearby)
- Created around a delicious and healthy miso ramen, this fun and interesting course is led by an experienced local chef and will teach you all you need to know to recreate this Japanese favourite in your home.
Using professional quality tools and ingredients, you will prepare ramen noodles from scratch, as well as 'cha-shu pork', marinated egg, and the all important ramen soup! We will also make a spicy cucumber salad and traditional ginger chicken thigh.
When the cooking is over, sit down to enjoy your creations over a cold beer, local sake, or delicate green tea!
• Eat Kyoto, 368-2 Yasaka Kamimachi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0827 Kyoto Prefecture
• Spicy Cucumber Salad - Create your own marinade and learn a beautiful technique to bring this simple ingredient to life.
• Ginger Chicken Thigh - A healthy spin on Japanese 'kara-age' chicken served with fresh lemon and salt.
• Miso Ramen - Create all aspects of this dish from scratch including fresh hand rolled noodles, cha-shu pork, marinated egg and miso ramen soup!
Departure Point :Happy Bicycle, Japan, 〒605-0827 Kyoto, Higashiyama Ward, Yasaka Kamimachi, 2 368
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.