Reindeer Farm and Ranua Wildlife Park
This full-day trip will offer you a great insight of local arctic animals, as you will visit two locations : one of the most authentic reindeer farms in Rovaniemi and the Ranua Wildlife Park.
In all our excursions, our groups are limited to 8 travelers maximum. It it very important for us to provide you with the best experience as possible, and avoid mass tourism. This way, your guide will know you better and will be able to address all your needs and answer your questions. As we usually say : the smaller the group, the bigger the experience !
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Winter clothing
- Entrance to the Wildlife Park
- Professional Guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch - Buffet lunch in the restaurant of Ranua
- Private transportation
- Visit of an Authentic Reindeer Farm
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
This full-day trip will offer you a great insight of local wildlife, as you will visit two locations : one of the most authentic reindeer farms in Rovaniemi and the famous Wildlife Park in Ranua. The two combined will give you a perfect opportunity to see and learn about the arctic animals.
Your guide will first drive you in a very small group to one of the most traditional reindeer farms in Lapland where you will learn about the reindeer from the herders and feed the animals.
After this great time with the reindeer, your guide will drive you to Ranua Wildlife Park, where you will enjoy a nice buffet lunch at the restaurant before exploring the park. As you walk around the park, your guide will share with you their knowledge of the animals and other aspects of life in Lapland.
The animals you can spot in the Ranua Wildlife Park include the polar bears, brown bears (not in Winter though, as they are hibernating), predatory birds, owls, wild boars, musk oxen, otters, arctic foxes, wolves, wild reindeer, wolverines, moose...
At the end of the tour, you will return to Rovaniemi with a great insight of arctic wildlife, and the memory full of lovely animals !
• Ranua Zoo, Rovaniementie 29, Ranua 97700 Finland
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will come to pick you up from your hotel between 5 and 30 minutes prior to departure. Your exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email at least one day prior to each activity. If you stay in hotels or resorts, please wait at the reception. If you stay in a private accommodation (ex: Airbnb), please wait outside on the street side so your guide can easily find you.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.