Representing a New Germany: An Architectural Photography Audio Tour by VoiceMap
After the unification of Berlin, there was a short time of courage in which a new representation of the German democracy was built. This self-guided GPS audio tour shows the best perspectives on these new government buildings, and how to capture them in a short walk. A short description of the architecture will be given too.
There are two cool places to relax along the path, a modern one and a traditional one.
If you go down to the Spree river in front of the central station, a few meters from the station you will reach a "beach bar" where you can hang out listening to techno music. Don't forget to wave to the passing ships that are full of tourists.
Later on in the tour there is a traditional Biergarten where you can sit and have a beer and talk to each other. This is real German "Gemütlichkeit"!
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app which also works offline.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lifetime access to Representing a New Germany: An Architectural Photography tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Reichstag Building, Platz der Republik 1, 10557 Berlin Germany
The Reichstag is a historic edifice in Berlin, Germany, constructed to house the Imperial Diet of the German Empire. It was opened in 1894 and housed the Diet until 1933, when it was severely damaged after being set on fire.
Pass By: Paul-Lobe-Haus, Platz der Republik 1, 10557 Berlin Germany
The Paul-Löbe-Haus is a building of the German Bundestag in the Berlin government district, which is located on the site of the former Alsenviertel at the southern edge of the Spreebogenpark. It is named after the President of the Reichstag and former President of the first German Bundestag , Paul Löbe.
Pass By: Bundeskanzleramt, Willy-Brandt-Str. 1, 10557 Berlin Germany
Bundeskanzleramt is the German Chancellery. It's an agency serving the executive office of the Chancellor of Germany, the head of the federal government. It's the largest government headquarter in the world.
Departure Point :Marschallbrücke, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/4/2019 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Magnus-Hirschfeld-Ufer, 10557 Berlin, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.