Research Center of Giant Panda Breeding and Leshan Giant Buddha Bus Tour
Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan Province, the natural habitat of the famous and endangered giant pandas. This tour allows for a day trip from Beijing including a look at Chengdu’s history and these cute animals.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Officially registered tour vehicles.
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide.
- Travel insurance
- Hotel pick-up service
- Entry/Admission - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi)
- Entry/Admission - Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)
What's excluded :
- Tips to guide and driver. （RMB20-50/person based on qualified service.
- Bus fare to Emeishan.(RMB25/person if you would like to continue your trip to Emeishan.
- Buddha sightseeing Boat ticket.(RMB70/person, optional)
- Meals.(RMB50/person, optional)
- Hotel drop-off service
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi), No.1375 Xiongmao Avenue the Outside Northern Third Ring Road, Chenghua District, Chengdu 610081 China
Our English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby in Chengdu city centre between 7:00 am to 8:00 am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
You will start the tour visiting the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. The center has two types of 'accommodations' for giant pandas - the Captive Cages and the Semi-Natural Enclosures. Most of the giant pandas in the center stay individually in the captive cages, which are in fact large enclosures, each consisting of an indoor room and an outdoor courtyard. The semi-nature enclosures are very large wild areas but protected by border fences. Pandas in these areas will soon be released back into the wild, and these enclosures help them adapt to this natural environment.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo), No.2435 Lingyun Street, Shizhong District, Leshan 614000 China
After this visit, you will drive to Leshan, where upon arrival you can lunch on your own expense. Then, you will visit the Leshan Giant Buddha by walking. The Grand Buddha is a 71 meter (230 feet) high sculpture carved into one of the large cliffs by the river. In addition to the Grand Buddha, there are also numerous smaller carvings of various Buddhas on the Grand Buddha Cliff Road. Other than carvings, there are also various temples and shrines scattered about, the beautiful Haoshang bridge, and some wonderful small waterfalls.
Then drive back to Chengdu City, where the bus will drop you at Tianfu Square. You need go back to your hotel by yourself.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This is a bus tour. The hotel pick-up time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts (normally after 6:00 pm) by a phone call to your hotel.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.