Reykjavík Classic Puffin Watching
The puffin watching tour commences at our ticket office by Ægisgarður pier in the Old Harbour in downtown Reykjavík. There you can buy tickets or exchange a voucher for a prepaid trip.
The tour is a fun and easy adventure on a boat. A guide will meet you on board one of our smaller boats, which are docked at the floating pier in front of the Whale Watching Centre. Depending on the tides and conditions on the islands our captains will take you to either Akurey or Lundey. The islands are well known for their plentiful birdlife and in addition to puffins you have the opportunity to view other birds such as eider ducks, arctic terns, guillemots and cormorants.
Elding is an environmentally friendly company and recognised worldwide for its environmental efforts. The aim, mission and goal is to minimise the operational impact on the environment while offering an unforgettable experience at sea.
per adult from
60 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- Use of raincoats
- Use of binoculars
- Excellent Live Guidance in English
- Photos taken by crew (if any)
What's excluded :
- Pickup / Dropoff (available for a fee)
- Food & Drinks (bring your own or purchase on board)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lundey, Iceland
We stop by one of three puffin islands outside Reykjavík to watch the thousands of puffins that travel to Iceland each summer to breed. As the islands are nature reserves we cannot step foot on land, but rather try to sail as close as possible. Borrow binoculars or bring your own. We recommend a good zoom camera for good quality pictures.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Elding Whale Watching, Ægisgarður 7, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As the birds are small in size, we recommend bringing a tripod and a good zoom lens for 'close up' photography and/or binoculars (also available to lend on board)
- The deck on the boat can be slippery. We recommend wearing good sturdy footwear. For optimal viewing and a more enjoyable cruise this tour is weather dependent.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Efforts are made to invite passengers to stay 2 meters apart from others whenever possible, but guests are asked to wear a face mask during the tour for their own safety. You can purchase a mask in our ticket office before departure. Hand sanitiser dispensers are available on board.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.