Rhodes Shore Excursion: Private Lindos and Rhodes Old Town Tour
After your cruise ship docks at the Port of Rhodes, enjoy a full-day shore excursion to the village of Lindos and Rhodes Old Town, led by a private guide. Explore Lindos Acropolis and the enchanting village on a walking tour, and then spend the afternoon visiting the Acropolis of Rhodes and Rhodes Old Town. Hear little-known facts about Rhodes’ historical landmarks and admire must-see sights such as the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes. All entrance fees are at your own expense.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes (6 euros) and Lindos Acropolis (approx. 12 euros)
- Start your shore excursion with a pickup from the Port of Rhodes, and then travel along the island’s east coast with your private guide. Gaze out of your minivan’s window at some of Rhodes’ most beautiful beaches, pass through sleepy island villages and then stop in Lindos, Rhodes’ famous ancient village.
Lindos’ pretty streets are fringed by the sugar cube houses found on many a Greek island, but it’s the magnificent 4,000-year-old acropolis that gives the village its star appeal. Work your way up Lindos’ gently winding cobblestone streets, and head inside the acropolis to explore with your guide (own expense). Have your camera ready to capture sights of the ruined Byzantine fortress and an Ancient Greek temple, and gaze down at the sweeping Bay of St Paul.
After discovering the delights of Lindos Acropolis, make your way back into the village to visit one of its picturesque churches. Then, leave Lindos and travel to the nearby village of Haraki for a leisurely Greek lunch at your own expense. Feeling refreshed, return to your minivan and travel along the coast to Rhodes Old Town.
Your next stop in the afternoon is at the Acropolis of Rhodes, one of the few acropoleis without fortifications. Stroll around the site’s Hellenistic monuments, admiring the ruins of a stadium, the Temple of Apollo and more. Continue with a drive along the old city walls to Porte d’Amboise, and then stretch your legs on a walking tour around the Old Town.
Stroll down the Street of the Knights, admiring its medieval buildings with their impressive facades, and stop for photos by the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes. Enjoy some free time to explore on your own — perhaps visiting the palace and its museum at your own expense — and then meet your guide to travel back to your ship. Your day trip finishes with a drop-off at the Port of Rhodes.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Rhodes for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Rhodes Port
Departure Time :Flexible; contact the local service provider to confirm your pickup time.
Contact details will be provided on your voucher.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is highly recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.