Rhodes Shore Excursion: Rhodes City Tour
When your cruise docks at Rhodes, head out to explore the city on a 3.5-hour private tour! This must-do Rhodes shore excursion includes walking tours around Rhodes Old Town and Mandraki Esplanade. Hear stories of the city’s history and the legacy left by the Knights Crusaders who led a succession of holy wars in the Middle Ages. See monuments such as the city gates of Porte d’Amboise, and explore the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes on a tour. Entrance fees are at your own expense.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Palace of the Grand Masters (6 euro)
- Leave the Port of Rhodes by air-conditioned minivan, and travel from the island’s main pier through the newer neighborhood of Rhodes city. Pass alongside Mandraki Esplanade to see government buildings and notable modern landmarks such as the Church of the Annunciation — built as recently as 1925 — and a replica of an old crusader monument: the Old Church of the Knights of St John.
Chat with your private guide as you travel, and ask as many questions as you like about the city, the island and the sights. Since your tour is private, the itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to the sights you want to see.
Swing past the deer statues of Mandraki Port, and continue up Monte Smith to gaze at the dramatic island vistas against the backdrop of the Aegean Sea. Stretch your legs on a stroll around the vantage point, soak up the views, and then travel back down the hill into Rhodes’ UNESCO-listed Old Town.
Pass the city gates of Porte d’Amboise, and stop outside the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes for photos before heading inside, at your own expense, for a tour of the key rooms located on the second floor. Built in the 14th century, the palace was later destroyed in the 19th century then rebuilt in 1939 by the ruling Italians who wanted to accommodate King Emmanuel II and the dictator Mussolini.
After browsing the palace’s impeccable rooms, head outside for a walk along the Street of the Knights and see the historical inns that were once occupied by the Crusaders. See Knight’s Hospital, a well-preserved building that has been turned into an archeological museum, and then enjoy some free time to explore the Old Town independently.
At the prearranged time, meet back up with your guide and finish your tour with a drop-off at the port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Rhodes for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Rhodes Potel
Departure Time :Flexible; contact the local service provider to confirm your preferred start time. Contact details will be provided on your voucher.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is highly recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.