Ride a Donkey Along the West Bank from Luxor
Guided private day trip by donkey to see the highlights of the ancient West Bank monuments in Luxor. These highlights include Valley of the Kings (Necropolis of Thebes), the Temple of Ramses III (Medinet Habu) and the Colossi of Memnon. You will be guided by a licensed Egyptologist tour guide and transported to all the sites.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Transport by donkey and air-conditioned car
- Entry/Admission - Valley of the Kings
- Entry/Admission - Tomb of Ramses III
- Entry/Admission - Colossi of Memnon
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Luxor Travels, 3 Al Qarna Rd 3, Al Qarna Rd, Luxor 85951 Egypt
You will be picked up from your hotel in Luxor in the early morning to be taken to the West Bank. Try a new adventure and a different way to visit the Valley of the Kings by riding a donkey and use the same way the ancient Egyptian people used to reach the sites. This is a journey that will take you back in time. You can enjoy the view of the mountains while you ride your donkey through the green fields and villages of the West Bank until you reach the mountains. You will then cross the mountain to the Valley of the Kings. Then you will leave the donkey and drive by an air-conditioned car to the Temple of Ramses III (Medinet Habu) and the Colossi of Memnon.
After touring the sites you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Stop At: Valley of the Kings, Luxor City, Luxor 85511 Egypt
First you will be transported to the Necropolis of Thebes, the Valley of the Kings on the West Bank of Luxor. This ancient necropolis is a must-see for Luxor travelers. It consists of tombs embedded in the mountain Thebes. Here, you visit 3 tombs of various dynasties. Your Egyptologist tour guide will be on hand to recommend and advise you as to which tombs to visit
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tomb of Ramses III, Valley of the Kings West Bank, Luxor Egypt
The tomb of Ramesses III, designated as KV 11, is a complex system in the Valley of the Kings. It has been known since antiquity,the wonderful decorations include colourful painted sunken reliefs featuring the traditional ritual texts (Litany of Ra, Book of Gates etc) and Ramses before the gods. Unusual here are the secular scenes, in the small side rooms of the entrance corridor, showing foreign tributes, such as highly detailed pottery imported from the Aegean, the royal armoury, boats and, in the last of these side chambers, the blind harpists that gave the tomb one of its alternative names: ‘Tomb of the Harpers’
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Colossi of Memnon, Thebes, Luxor Egypt
the Colossi of Memnon, the two largest ancient statues in Egypt, which date back to the era of King Amenhotep III.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
7 Am Please contact the local supplier for exact pickup time and location
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.