Rila Monastery Bike Tour from Sofia
Exciting one day bike trip in Rila Monastery valley. Enjoy a bike ride on village roads with great views to Rila mountains, have a fresh trout for lunch and visit the holiest place in Bulgaria - Rila monastery!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour guide
- Bike rental
- Use of helmet
- Entry/Admission - Rila Monastery
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Pick up from your hotel at 8.30 am and transfer to the foothills of Rilla mountains (approx. 1.30h)
You will do a 20 km bike ride on rolling asphalt road enjoying mountain views, local vineyards and authentic village life. You stop for lunch at a local restaurant by the river and enjoy the famous Rila monastery fresh trout. After lunch you go for a visit of the biggest and most famous monastery in Bulgaria - Rila and learn about its founder St. Joan of Rila and the story behind one of the holiest places in the Bulgaria. Next is a long and thrilling 20 km descend down the valley. Option for a stop at a local winery!
Approximate time of arrival in Sofia - 5 - 6 pm.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Sofia
Departure Time :8 - 9 am - depending on season
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All biking skill levels are welcomed
- Mountain bike routes also available
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Supplement for 1 person tour: 90euro
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.