Rila Monastery - Private Day Trip
Rila monastery is the biggest monastery in Bulgaria and one of the country’s most visited sites. It is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The monastery estate is well known for its unique architecture and 24-meter tall walls which are keeping the centuries-long history of the place! It is difficult to describe the importance of this sacred place. All murals, shapes, and colors decorating its facade, make the heart beat stronger than pride and admiration. The sight of all this beauty amid majestic mountain is unspeakable.
Come! Discover one of Bulgaria’s treasures and see where a real saint used to live!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport in a modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air conditioning
- Walking tour of the Rila Monastery
- tripvam representative during the whole trip
What's excluded :
- Personal expenditures
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee for the Rila Monastery – 4 euro (8 leva)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: tripvam Plovdiv, Mizia street 10A, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
The tour starts at 09:00 am and we will take you from your hotel.
We have ahead of us a day full of history, fresh air, wonderful breathtaking views, and delicious Bulgarian food!
The Rila Monastery is 3 hours drive from Plovdiv. While we travel to our destination we can try some traditional cuisine in a local restaurant.
You’ll enjoy a guided visit of the Monastery and afterward have some free time for self-exploring of this amazing place or we can go for a short walk which will lead us to a broad-leaved forest and path which ends into a Holy cave – Saint Ivan Rilski’s cave. He lived there in seclusion as a hermit for seven years. There’s a belief that whoever reaches the cave should go pass through its entrance in order to get a spiritual cleansing. On the left side of the cave’s entrance, we will find a small church. People claim that it was built by the first monks who lived in the Rila Monastery.
Important: There is a dress code when you visit the Rila Monastery: Long trousers/skirts (at least knee-long), no sleeveless tops (bring a piece of clothing to cover your shoulders)
We depart back to Plovdiv at 4:00 pm. Expected arrival time in Plovdiv – 7:00 pm
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Wherever you are staying at
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.