Rincon de la Vieja Volcano Hike,Waterfall Oropendola and Swim in a Hot Spring
Immerse yourself in the wild volcanic landscapes of Rincon de la Vieja National Park on this day hiking tour. Take a 3-hour walk of moderate difficulty through the jungle, and along the way spot howler monkeys, capuchin monkeys, toucans, and coatis.
Walk alongside wheezing fumaroles, volcanic craters, and pools of bubbling mud, then cool off under the waters of the Oropendola Waterfall.
After recharging energy with a delicious lunch of Costa Rican cuisine, enjoy a relaxing soak in the hot springs and volcanic mud baths of Río Negro. Full-day hiking tour of the Rincon de la Vieja
Embark on a 3-hour hike through mud pools, fumaroles, and volcanic craters. Observe howler monkeys and capuchin monkeys in their natural habitat. Swim below the Oropendola Waterfall. Enjoy a typical Costa Rican lunch.
Enjoy a relaxing soak in the Río Negro volcanic mud bath. Walk of moderate difficulty, suitable for all skills.
This small-group sightseeing tour offers you a more personalized experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Rincon de la Vieja
- Entry/Admission - Oropendola Warterfall
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional Rincon de la Vieja, Costa Rica
The Rincón de La Vieja National Park is one of the most diverse ecological areas in the country. Around two volcanoes, Rincón (active) and Santa María (inactive), the park also houses an extraordinary display of local flora and fauna, while being part of the Guanacaste Conservation Area, a World Heritage Site.
While plant life is impressive on its own, especially considering the huge concentration of purple orchids here, it is the concentration of volcanoes that truly amazes visitors.
The Rincón de la Vieja volcano gave rise to the name of the park and contains nine separate but contiguous craters. It is one of the five largest volcanoes in the Guanacaste region and is believed to be over a million years old. Despite being considered active, it has not erupted since the early 1980s. The park sees a lot of volcanic activity, including vents, fumaroles, and boiling clay pots, and has at least 32 rivers that flow down its sides.
There are a number of nature trails for guests, with some reserved for very experienced hikers. The most popular is the 2.5-mile La Pailas trail, which takes approximately two to three hours and is ideal for spotting wildlife, flora, waterfalls, and traces of volcanic activity. The most ambitious hikers can spend eight hours hiking to the top of the Santa María crater, from where you can see Lake Nicaragua on a clear day.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Oropendola Warterfall, Rincon de La Vieja Costa Rica
Relax in a Natural Pool in this beatiful place, swim in a clear water
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickup in all hotelsAirports
- Liberia Airport, Liberia Costa Rica
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.