Rio Celeste Hike in Tenorio Volcano National Park
Enjoy a hike along Celeste River by the Tenorio Volcano National Park. The hike is strenuous and consists of several steep sections, it lasts about 4 hours.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Arenal area only)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Pickups in San Jose or outside of Arenal (may be available for an additional charge)
- "Celeste" in Spanish means celestial, paradisaical and also the light blue color of the clear sky. Such adjectives describe perfectly the area you’ll visit on this tour.
On the flanks of Tenorio Volcano National Park this 7 km hike takes you to the point in the river where Mother Nature magically mixes the water of two crystal-clear streams, changing its color to the beautiful light-blue we call Celeste. You will continue to "las ollas" (the cooking pots), depressions on the ground full of clay with alleged therapeutic properties and the Tenorio Volcano thermal springs. The trail continues through the forest to reach the stunningly colored Rio Celeste Waterfall.
All this time the surrounding rainforest is full of amazing life forms, smells and sounds.
Departure Point :Pick-up from La Fortuna hotels in Zone 1: Arenal area only
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Bike Arenal - Day Tours