Roatan Mangrove Tunnels Adventure
This tour starts with a sightseeing tour of the island: 1st visit, downtown Coxen Hole, capital city of the Bay Islands and seat of government buildings and banks.
The sunken ship is a must-do photo stop; French Harbour is home of the fishing industry and the best seafood restaurants on the island. Two popular optional stops: the Iguana Farm, and the Sloth Hangout. Tell your guide if you want to visit.
Punta Gorda village is the heart of the Garifuna community and you'll learn their culture and traditions.
In Oakridge we'll board a traditional cayuco boat to reach Jonesville, a community known for its pirate festival, and more important to us, for the mangrove tunnels.
Hundreds of fish, bird and land species use the mangrove shelter as a nursing ground, and mangrove roots retain and prevent dirt and trash to reach the ocean, hence its importance.
Your private tour guide will be with you for the entire day and will bring you back with plenty time before your ship’s departure time
per adult from
What's included :
- Round Trip Transportation
- Sightseeing tour
- Ticket for the mangrove tour boat
What's excluded :
- Lunch and beverages
- Entrance pass for the Iguana Farm
- Entrance pass for the Sloth Hangout
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Roatan, Residencial Mar Caribe, Autopista 30 de Mayo, Santo Domingo, Honduras
A visit to the the capital city of the whole Island, where the Municipal Building, the banks, the catholic church, police and other important buildings are located.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Partially Sunken Ship, Dixon Cove, Honduras
This is a sunken boat that caught fire in the 70's. The owner never had the funds to tow it out, so it stayed, and became one of the favorite places for taking a photo in Roatan.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most hotels and rentals in Roatan. Just specify name before checkout.Specific cruise port pickup details will be emailed at you with your booking confirmationPorts
- Mahogany Bay
- Port of Roatan
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/6/2019 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.