Rockland Bird Sanctuary Tour
The Rockland Bird Sanctuary is home to many species of birds, some endemic to Jamaica while others flew to the Island from other countries and make Jamaica their home. The bird sanctuary is located in the hills of a small community called Anchovy, approximately a 20-minute drive from the city of Montego Bay. The tour can last for 45 minutes to over 1 hour depending on the group's interest. Bird lovers will find this tour very fascinating as many different birds will fly from trees to the ground for you to feed them.
The hummingbirds, the national bird of Jamaica, are part of a special experience as you sit with a bottle of their favorite drink, wait for them to perch on your outstretched finger while you feed them from the bottle. Next, you will take a walk through the garden with the guide to see the different trees and herbs before the tour ends.
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Complimentory Red Stripe and Bottle Water
What's excluded :
- Entrance cost: US$20 (includes coffee, tea or juice)
- Entry/Admission - Rocklands Bird Sanctuary ($20 per adult and $10 per child 4-10)
- Entry/Admission - Rocklands Bird Sanctuary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rocklands Bird Sanctuary, Rocklands Road, Wiltshire Jamaica
The bird sanctuary is located at a quaint little house. The setting here is absolutely peaceful and relaxing.get a glimpse of some exotic birds.
Rocklands Bird Sanctuary is home to some of Jamaica’s most exquisite species of bird. This place is a must-see if you are a bird or nature lover!
Types of birds you may see here:
Black-throated Blue Warblers
Caribbean Doves (Found in Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Honduras, Mexico, and Colombia)
Greater Antillean Bullfinch (Found in Jamaica, The Bahamas, Hispaniola, and Turks and Caicos Islands)
Jamaican Orioles (found in only Jamaica and San Andres – formerly found in Grand Cayman but is now extinct there)
Jamaican Mango Hummingbird (Endemic to Jamaica)
Jamaican Vireo (Endemic to Jamaica)
Jamaican Woodpecker (Endemic to Jamaica)
Orangequit (Endemic to Jamaica)
Red-billed Streamertail Hummingbird (aka Doctorbird – Endemic and indigenous to Jamaica)
Rufous-tailed Flycatcher (Found in Jamaica and Cayman Islands)
Vervain Hummingbird (Found in only Jamaica and Hispaniola)
White-chinned Thrush (Found in Jamaica and Cayman Islands)
*Endemic means it is found only on the island of Jamaica and nowhere else in the world.
Peak bird feeding time: 6am-9am
Length of Tour: 1 hour
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If the name of the hotel is not listed please type when booking.also, please provide an email address for follow-up confirmation on your pickup time.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.