Rocky Mountain National Park Guided Tours from Grand Lake
Chief Experience Officer and local historian, Dave Lively, will guide you beyond closed gates of Rocky Mountain National Park, leaving the pavement, parking lots and heavily used trails behind to reveal the stories of the region's history, people and wildlife.
He will shine light on the rich history of Rocky in a way that brings the adventures of the people of the past to life. With unique stories and one of a kind photos he will connect you to events and personal journeys from the past, transporting you back in time and allowing you to visualize this wilderness in a new light.
Dave is a resident and well-known historian in Grand Lake, and the only Certified Tour Guide in Grand County, Colorado. He lives less than ½ mile from Rocky Mountain National Park, his backyard. His family homesteaded what is now the western entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, giving him generations of unique detailed knowledge, personal stories and photographs.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Each passenger will receive a goody bag with bottled water, sunscreen, snacks and information about other activities and restaurants in the area.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Rocky Mountain National Park
- Entry/Admission - Rocky Mountain National Park Grand Lake Entrance
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, USA
Passengers will avoid the summer tour bus crowds and be transported in a private vehicle to a variety of off-the-beaten-path historical landmarks on Rocky Mountain National Park's west side.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Grand Lake Visitor Center, Corner of West Portal Road and Highway 34, Grand Lake, CO 80447
Drive by first attraction of the local source of information.
Stop At: Rocky Mountain National Park Grand Lake Entrance, Rocky Mountain National;= Park, Trail Ridge Rd, Grand Lake, CO 80447, USA
Historic sites and stories. Learn of the people that have passed through or lived in what is now Rocky Mountain National Park. See sites only a few locals know about.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Grand Lake Center, 301 Marina Dr, Grand Lake, CO 80447, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Lively Tours and Talks