Roman countryside Food & Wine Tasting in a medieval winery
Don’t miss the chance to explore the marvelous Lazio region and it’s rolling hills !
Let’s start our wine and lunch experience !
Departure from Rome in the morning towards roman countryside. The cellar is located inside the medieval “Borgo” village.
We will meet our somellier guide and take a brief walk in a private cellar and learn all the secrets of wine processing. We move to the restaurant for taste an Italian pre-dinner with a selection of regional cheese and cut meat and Roman-style dishes. Each course is paired with a fine regional wine selected by the chef and guide to enhance the flavors of both the food and wine.
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local Sommelier guide
- Visit medieval cellar nearby Rome
- Wine Tasting (3 different bottles)
- Food tasting based on delicious local products
- Possibility of buying wine and olive oil
- Historical Venue
- Entry/Admission - Cantina Castello di Torre in Pietra
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pass By: Piazza del Popolo, 00187 Rome Italy
We meet al travelers at Porta del Popolo under the arch. Crossing the beautiful Lazio hills we arrive at the Medieval Borgo.
Stop At: Cantina Castello di Torre in Pietra, Via di Torrimpietra, 249, 00050 Fiumicino RM, Italy
We visit a wine cellar in the Castle and get an insider’s perspective on winemaking. The cellar is located inside the medieval “Borgo” village. It was built in the 12th century by digging into the tufa hills behind the Castello. In the thirties, while uncovering the connecting tunnel between the two caverns, two mammoth tusks were found here. We will meet our sommellier guide and take a brief walk in a private cellar and learn all the secrets of wine processing. We move to the restaurant for a taste of an Italian pre-dinner with a selection of regional cheese and cut meat and Roman-style dishes. Each course is paired with an elegant local wine selected by the chef and guide to enhance the flavors of both the food and wine. After the meal, our experience ends with the return to Rome, bringing ancient Roman memories and flavors.
• Food tasting - Italian pre-dinner with a selection of regional cheese and cut meat and bruschetta
• Pasta dish - Roman-style dishes usually carbonara (only for Morning rate)
• Dessert - only for morning rate
Departure Point :Piazzale Flaminio, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.