Rome For All - Accessible Guided Tour of Colosseum & Ancient Rome
This tour is for those who want to discover the pillars of the Roman Empire! It is the result of the collaboration with the Mapful App, a new Italian project to map the accessibility of public spaces. The driver will accompany you to the Capitoline Hill, the starting point of this guided tour, with 7 stops in 1500 meters. On its top, Michelangelo designed the actual marvelous Square. If only for the Monumental Square with the Marco Aurelio equestrian statue and the killing views on the Roman Forum, this is one of the must-see spots of Rome. Going down the hill, you will pass by the copy of the she-wolf that nursed Romolo and Remo. You will stop to hear the history of the Empire, while admiring its fascinating ruins. You will visit an unicum, the Saints Cosma and Damiano Basilic. If the Colosseum still needs to be presented, we invite you to read more below.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up from all centrally located hotels/B&B/apartments
- Professional Certified Guide
- Colosseum Skip the Line Ticket
- drop off back to the hotel/B&B/apartment or wherever in the city center 5 to 8 participants
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
What's excluded :
- Roman Forum visit. The customer can enter the Forum with the Colosseum ticket within 24 hours.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome Italy
The Capitoline hill is the most important of the seven hills of Rome. In fact, after 3000 years, it still is the center of Roman's Political life. On the ancient Tabularium, the Ancient Rome State Archive sits today the seat of the city hall. Your guide will not only explain the fascinating origin of the word Capitol but also all the restyling of this fantastic place. In the 16th century, Michelangelo designed today's harmonious square, flanked by the two aisles of the Capitoline Museums and closed by the Senatorial Palace. Marcus Aurelio Statue dominates its center.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
We will not enter the Forum, but will have the opportunity to understand its magnificence from three different points of view. You will admire the rest of the ancient Basilicas, the political center of the Empire. Your guide will also explain the significance of the temples and the other religious buildings.
The original sacred way is still there and is easily recognizable from above.
Incredible but true: at the time of Emperor Traian, behind his Forum, there was the first shopping center in the world. Dated 112 – 113 a.D. it is still there, incredibly preserved!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica dei Santi Cosma e Damiano, Via Dei Fori Imperiali 1, 00186 Rome Italy
The history of this Basilica, you will visit inside, is very ancient like the one of the two benefactor medicians. The Church sits on a round building with original bronze doors open on the Forum. Once mistaken for the Romulus temple, it is visible from inside the Basilica thanks to a glass wall. The incredible 6th Century mosaic of the apse is rich in Christian symbols, and the Chapel of the Crucifixion houses one of the rare dressed Christs.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
You will finally enter the Colosseum! Inaugurated in 80 A. D., the Roman Colosseum is the most famous Rome’s landmark, also known as The Flavian Amphitheater, after the Imperial Dynasty that built it in only 2 years and 9 months. So why do we call it Colosseum? Your guide will tell you many stories about this glorious monument, and at the end of this tour through time, you will bring 3000 years of history to life. During this tour, even children will be fascinated by our professional guides anecdotes!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
WE PICK UP FROM ALL CENTRALLY LOCATED HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS, AND RAIL STATIONS!If your hotel/B&B/Apartment is **not in central Rome** ( a radius of about 7 km from the Pantheon ), let us know its location, and we will communicate the supplement for the extra distance.Kindly, on your booking, enter the information regarding your pick up/drop off location. If you have not booked your hotel yet, you will amend your booking later on, with the name of your hotel or the address of your B&B/Apartment.Kindly add to your booking a mobile phone (if possible with WhatsApp connection) and use for your booking an email address you can check frequently.**If you do not receive further messages default pick up time is confirmed**It is a Private Tour and is customizable!
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please provide any mobility and wheelchair access requirements. Also note that visitors with limited mobility can contact us for special requirements, such as wheelchairs or walkers.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Temperature checks for travelers and guides before entering each site or museum
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.