Rome for First-Timers Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port
Soak up the history and culture of Rome, during this full-day shore excursion including Civitavecchia Port pickup and drop-off, a private English Speaking driver, and transportation by air-conditioned minivan. Customize the day based on your interests with possible stops at the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, Palatine Hill, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Victor Emmanuel Monument, St. Peter’s Square, and the Catacombs ancient burial site. You’ll enjoy a leisurely lunch before heading back to the port to board your cruise ship. Monument tickets can be purchased in advance with an upgrade after booking.
per adult from
What's included :
- English Speaking driver
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- If you decide to enter the Colosseum you will have to let us know beforehand and we will get the tickets for you for an extra 18 euro per person. Not included in the prepaid cost
- If you decide to enter the Catacombs you will have to pay 8 euro per person which is not included in the prepaid cost
- Food and drinks
- Explore the rich history of Rome during this full-day private excursion departing from Civitavecchia Port at 7:30am. Your English-speaking driver will introduce you to the Eternal City as you make the 90-minute drive from the port to the historical city center. Your day can be customized according to your interests, and you can upgrade for skip-the-line tickets for monuments to be purchased in advance. A possible itinerary is to first see the Colosseum from outside, spending about 20 minutes strolling around its square and admiring the Arches of Constantine and Titus, or, you can opt to go inside the ancient amphitheater, exploring its passageways. You can next visit Circus Maximus, and imagine the chariot races that used to take place there, while also catching a view of one of the city’s seven significant hills, Palatine. You won’t want to miss the Roman Forum, the trade, financial, and religious heart of the ancient civilization. Drive by or visit the Victor Emmanuel Monument and the balcony made famous by Mussolini, and gaze at the Pantheon and the ancient Roman temple’s oculus. There will be time to linger and people watch at the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps, and enjoy a leisurely lunch on your own at a local restaurant. After lunch, you can visit Piazza Navona, or Campo de' Fiori, for an incredible view of the city. Or, travel along Appian Way, believed to be one of the first roads ever built, and explore the Catacombs ancient burial site. You can also visit St. Peter’s Square for photos and to catch a glimpse of the Vatican before departing Central Rome at about 3:30pm for the one hour journey back to the port to meet your ship.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
As you disembark your ship, you will see where all private drivers are, your driver will be holding a sign with your name onPorts
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dress code is smart casual
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.