Rome in a day: Vatican, Colosseum and Forum Private Tour with Transfers & Lunch
Have limited time to see Rome’s highlights? This private tour is for you! It allows you to visit the best attractiones of Rome in one day and dedicate the rest of your holiday to shopping and wandering around.
- pick up and drop off by private car with chauffeur;
- enthusiastic certified guides who will give you numerous details, fun facts, curiosities and anecdotes about the places you’ll visit;
- skip the line entrance ticket to Vatican Museum, Colosseum and Forum and guided tour;
- Italian lunch.
Pack all of your stress away and buy this tour!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Certified Guide
- Skip the Line Entrance Tickets to all sites
- Pick up and drop off by a private luxury air-conditioned car
- Transfer from one site to the other by private car with chauffeur
- Guided Tour of Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Guided Tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
The driver will pick you up at your accommodation and bring you to the Colosseum, where you will meet your private guide. After admiring the incredibly well preserved Arch of Constantine, you will enter the Coliseum, a huge and amazing feat of engineering. Here, 50.000 spectators could quickly find their seats, shaded by a huge awning, and watched cruel fights between gladiators and wild beasts.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
After the Colosseum, you will proceed into the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which represented the commercial, legal and administrative center of Ancient Rome. While strolling past ancient ruins of temples and Roman mausoleums, such as the Roman senate and the altar where Julius Caesar's body was cremated, you will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. Along the “Sacred Way” in the Roman Forum, your guide will show you where Julius Caesar inaugurated the Imperial Forums in 46 B.C., a focal point of ancient Rome enriched by all Emperors with their own Temples and Houses until A.D. 608.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The impressive Basilica of Maxentius and the stately Arch of Titus will introduce the panoramic hill of the Palatine, where Emperors lived. It is the most ancient part of Rome, where Romulus founded the “Square Rome”, destined to become the world’s biggest Empire. Augustus, Tiberius, Maxentius and many others decided to build their Palaces here, among the remains of Romulus wall and the huts dating back to 4.000 years.
His panoramic position still offers amazing views on the Eternal City! Just the view of the Circus Maximum from the Palatine Hill is worth the tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After the visit of the Ancient Rome, our driver will lead you to the Vatican Museums, where you will admire an infinite number of masterpieces by Bernini, Raphael, Michelangelo, Botticelli, Perugino, Pinturicchio and other treasures all incredibly united in this unforgettable visit. The numerous Popes that have lived here continuously enriched it, but the unmissable Sistine Chapel and its sublime “Last Judgment” by Michelangelo are surely the real attraction. Among the galleries, you will surely appreciate the collection of mosaics, ancient Greek and Roman sculptures and the most worthy Raphael Rooms, once the official residence of the Popes. With our guide, you will enter the 16th century Saint Peter’s Basilica through a special door. The largest and richest Basilica in the world will welcome you with Michelangelo's "Pietà" and, thanks to its many details, it will be able to amaze you. The last part of the tour will leave you with the embrace of Bernini's immense colonnade at St. Peter's Square and the view of Pope's Balcony.
NOTE: On Wednesday morning, due to the Papal audience, the Basilica might be closed. In this case, the explanation of it will be done from outside.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from any central hotels/apartments/B&B in Rome. If it is not central (a ray of about 8 km from the Pantheon), let us know its location and we will ask a supplement for the extra distance.If your accommodation is not mentioned, during the booking, please provide details regarding its location.If your accommodation has not been booked yet, you will modify the booking later by providing the data relating to it.Kindly add to your booking an email address you can check frequently. If you do not receive further messages, by mobile phone or by email, default pick up time is confirmed.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Remember to cover knees and shoulders before entering the Sistine Chapel and the Basilica
- Most travelers can participate
- Please, communicate if there are disabled people partecipating the tour. This is because, from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peter's Basilica, it is necessary to descend 50 steps that are not wheelchair accessible. Therefore, it will be possible to enter the Basilica without variances on the tour only if all members of your private group will be able to access the route or if other participants will take charge of pushing the wheelchair and carry it down the stairs; if not, the tour will end without the visit of the same or you will have to reach it from the outside in about an hour. This last option will include an additional charge of € 50,00 for the extra guide service.
- The order of the visited sites could be reversed, especially for tours booked very close to the date of the experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.