Rosetta Day Tour from Alexandria Islamic architecture
Ancient Egypt tours guide will meet you in your hotel in Alexandria. You will drive by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Rosetta which is considered as a large open-air museum for Islamic architecture. The great number of Islamic monuments found here does not exist in any other city, except for Cairo.You will get to visit the Rosetta museum, and walk in the famous street full of houses that dates back to the 18th century. Afterwards, you will get to visit the citadel of Qaitbay in Rosetta where the famous Rosetta stone was found. At the end, you will get to see the meeting point of the nile and the sea which is considered a very remarkable thing to see. After the tour, you will be taken back to your hotel in Alexandria
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up services from your hotel / air port & return.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Private Egyptologist guide
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- A bottle of water during your trip
- Lunch during your tour in Rosetta
- All taxes & service charge
- Entry/Admission - Alexandria National Museum
- Entry/Admission - Fort Qaitbey
What's excluded :
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tipping Kitty
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alexandria National Museum, 110 El Horreya Rd. Raml Station, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
You will be collected from your Hotel or cruise ship (at exit point of cruise) at around 08.00 am by our Ancient Egypt Tours expert English speaking Tour Guide and transferred in an air conditioned modern vehicle (including bottled water) and driven about 1 hour by road from Alexandria to the City of Rosetta, now known as Rashid. On arrival, you will be taken to the Rashid Museum which is one of the original unique styled red and black brick houses within the City’s small winding streets. A full tour of the Museum with your Guide to discover a replica of the Rosetta Stone inscribed in 3 languages, Ancient Pharaonic, Demotic, and Ancient Greek (the original currently on display in the British Museum). From here, we will take a walking tour around the small local streets and Souq to discover the local life and markets selling their fresh produce of breads, fruit and vegetables, fish and meats whilst heading to the preserved Ottoman Homes.
Moving on to discover a second House within the City’s streets and other old house frontages. The House of Amasyali is of a very ornate nature and considered one of the finer examples.
A further visit to the Mill of Abu Shaheen which will uncover a house for trade serving the household and the local community.
Duration: 4 minutes
Stop At: Fort Qaitbey, 29 88545 N 31. 21372 E, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
Finally, you will take a short drive to the Citadel on the outskirts of the City. built around 1479 and lying next to the Nile river with views of the Mediterranean sea. Known as Qaitbey, it was built as a defence mechanism to guard against attacks by invaders from the Mediterranean. Take some time to climb to the top of the Citadel along the fortified walls to see the lovely views of where the NIle meets the Mediterranean.
You will then leave the Citadel and head back towards Alexandria with a stop off for lunch and time to relax before returning to your Cruise or Hotel in Alexandria.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop-off at centrally located Alexandria hotels.Airports
- Borg El Arab International Airport, Alexandria Egypt
- Alexandria Port
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- ANCIENT EGYPT TOURS, your safety is always at the forefront of everything we do. We have taken all the possible safety precautions to ensure that your trip is stress-free.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.