Rotorua and Waitomo Caves Day Trip from Auckland
The geothermal area of Rotorua and the Waitomo Glowworm Caves are must-see destinations for any traveler to the North Island of New Zealand. Your guide accompanies you to the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute at Te Puia for an immersive cultural experience, then takes you to Waitomo Caves after a cafe lunch. You'll experience the awe-inspiring magic of tiny glowworms on a boat ride into the caves and learn about their natural history
Guaranteed departure - We do not cancel on the rare occasions we have for low numbers. We will travel for one person.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- Local taxes
- Cafe Lunch (vegetarian and gluten-free options available)
- Luxury minibus , leather seating - extra legroom
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Morning and afternoon tea (additional expense)
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Zealand Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, Hemo Rd, Rotorua New Zealand
Within TE Puia you will find the national schools of wood carving, weaving, stone and bone carving. They have shared these treasures with manuhiri (visitors) for 170 years and proudly continue that legacy today
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
We have limited time in Rotorua so we quickly have a look at Lake Rotorua on our way in or way out of Rotorua
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Te Puia where you will have lunch and time to explore Te Puia - total time in Rotorua approximately 1.5 hours. Te Puia spans 70 hectares within the historic Te Whakarewarewa Valley, on the edge of Rotorua. It is home to the Pohutu geyser, mud pools, hot springs, silica formations, the Kiwi bird and the national schools of wood carving, weaving, stone and bone carving
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
We travel to Waitomo Caves, World renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in the New Zealand vacation wish-list. The glow worm, Arachnocampa luminosa, is unique to New Zealand. Thousands of these tiny creatures radiate their unmistakable luminescent light as expert guides provide informative commentary on the Caves' historical and geological significance. You will walk into the caves and sail out in a small boat.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup for free at all Central Auckland accomodation, hotels, apartments, etc. We only go to the hotels/accomodation which are booked for that day. We also offer a subsidised shuttle service for people staying our of the city centre to bring them to meet the tour coach. Please liaise with us re where you are to be picked up. It is essential you get in contact with this information as soon as possible. Guaranteed departure - We do not cancel on the rare occasions we have low numbers. We will travel for one person
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Small-group tour
- Infant meals not included
- Infant seats are required by law in NZ in private vehicles for children under 7 years. We recommend the same standard be applied for your child's safety and have them available in all vehicles.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour is not suitable for children under 2 years to travel with group - private tours can be arranged on request
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- If you are feeling unwell, please re-schedule of give us a call.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.