Rustic and Unhurried Vientiane Explored
Regarded as the smallest capital in South East Asia, Vientiane’s laid-back atmosphere brings customers closer to its French influences and victory of its independence during the time of its occupation and its – nowadays - strong ties with Buddhism.
• See the city’s oldest monastery, now a Buddhist landmark
• Walk around the That Luang, Laos’ national monument
• Meet historical Laos at the Royal Ho Phra Keo
• Stand eye-to-eye with the Victory Gate of Vientiane
• Return transfers from and to your hotel are included
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Wat Si Saket
- Entry/Admission - Wat Ho Phra Keo
- Entry/Admission - Great Sacred Stupa (Pha That Luang)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees Patuxai Victory Gate
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Patuxai
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Si Saket, Lane Xang Avenue, Vientiane, Vientiane 0100 Laos
Our guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in Vientiane and drive through the small, yet charming centre to see the highlights of the Laotian capital. Our first stop will be made at the Wat Sisaket, the oldest monastery in Vientiane, built in 1818. This temple has survived in its original form as where all other temples in Vientiane have gone through extensive renovations. Inside the main hall, and along the walls of the courtyard surrounding it, a total of 6,840 Buddha images rest in small niches or on shelves, next to its remarkable frescoes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Wat Ho Phra Keo, Rue Setthathirath, Vientiane 0100 Laos
Continue to nearby Ho Phra Keo, the former Royal temple, now a Museum of Buddhist art and sculpture. The building had housed the Emerald Buddha until it was taken to Bangkok following a skirmish with the Lao in 1778. It still displays some of the finest Buddha sculptures found in the country. An original jar of the world-renowned Plain of Jars can be found as well on the compounds of this temple complex besides special displays of various artefacts and manuscripts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Great Sacred Stupa (Pha That Luang), That Luang Road, Vientiane 0100 Laos
The That Luang with its golden stupa in the characteristic banana flower shape is the most revered shrine in Laos and of course, cannot be missed. Laos’ national symbol has a central structure that is 45 meters tall and echoes the curving lines of an elongated lotus bud, the original stupa, said to contain a relic of the Lord Buddha.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Patuxai, Vientiane Laos
Its domination of the Vientiane skyline is visible from the top of the Patuxai Victory Gate, is located at the northern city boundaries. Also known as Anousavali, it was constructed in 1958 and inspired by the Arc de Triumph in Paris. Energetic visitors can climb the top of the monument and enjoy a panoramic view of Laos’ capital from Vientiane’s highest point (not included).
Your guide and driver will bring you back at the hotel after approximately 3.5 hours touring along with Vientiane’s most revered landmarks and iconic sights.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from only hotels in Vientiane, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Vientiane. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Ngam Num Lake, Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge, and Vientiane International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- Customers are reminded to submit their passport number and expiration date with their reservation. These are essential requirements as outlined by local immigration regulations
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.