Sacred Valley Connection to Machu Picchu (2 Days)
One of the most preferred tours in Cusco are the Sacred Valley of Incas with an onward connection to the iconic Incan citadel, Machu Picchu. The valley around the imperial city of Cusco offers an endless landscape that are primely located on the banks of the sacred river, Vilcanota. Vilcanota river snakes through the valley of Cusco. It is the prime source of water for the villages located on its shores.
The inhabitants of these villages have preserved the traditions, customs and lifestyle that they have been practising since the Incan reign. Just at the end of this sacred river nestles a town called Urubamba which forms a major part of the Sacred Valley. On this tour you will be stopping here for lunch before boarding a tourist train to Aguas Calientes. Aguas Calientes is a the gateway to one of the seven wonders of the world – Machu Picchu.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Transport Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- Train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and back
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket to Sacred Valley
- Meals other than what is mentioned in the list of inclusions
- Entry/Admission - Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 1: Cusco - Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes
Stop At: Sacred Valley of the Incas, 0051 Peru
At 08:00 in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco. Our first stop will be in Pisaq (Pisac). Apart from the archaeological complex, Pisaq is known for its weekly handicraft market where the local vendors demonstrate and sell their art works like clothes and decorative items. After sauntering through the narrow alleys rimmed with stalls, we will take a bus uphill to the archaeological remains, a massive Incan Citadel perched on the top of a hill. After a guided tour of this impressive complex, we will continue with our journey to Urubamba, a charismatic town enveloped by tall Andean peaks. Here, we will stop for lunch. After relishing a local buffet lunch (with vegan options) we will start our journey towards Ollantaytambo. Ollantaytambo was once an administrative centre of the Incas, having mentioned that, the town houses impressive archaeological ruins. After a guided tour of the complex, you will be boarding a tourist train to Aguas Calientes. Once in Aguas Calientes, our representative will meet you at the train station and escort you to your respective hotel.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at a hostel in Aguas Calientes
Day 2: Machu Picchu - Cusco
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
After breakfast, you will be transferred uphill to the entrance of the Incan citadel by tourist bus. The journey would roughly take 30 minutes. Once at the entrance of Machu Picchu our guide will assign you in a group of not more than 15. You will then pass through the check point where you will have to display your entrance ticket which will be verified against your passport details. Once inside, you will have a two hours guided tour. In this tour we will cover prime areas like – the main square, the sacred sundial, the circular tower, Temple of the Three Windows, the Royal Quarters and the cemeteries. After the guided tour you will have some free time to walk around. After the tour, at a designated time you will have to take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes from where you will be boarding the train back to Ollantaytambo train station. At Ollantaytambo train station, our representative will meet you and will drive you back to your hotel in Cusco. You will reach Cusco roughly by 10:30 PM.
Duration: 8 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be picking you up from your hotel within the historic centre of Cusco
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.