Sai Gon: Cu Chi Tunnel - Mekong Delta highlight tour
A great combine tour to save time and budget for you to experience tunnel system over 200 km became legendary during the 1960’s when they played a vital part in the American War. Leave a war stories in behind, forward to the peaceful life, Mekong will be true environmental tour to see one of the most amazing rivers of the world, the paradise of rice, tropical fruits, and genuinely friendly people. This is the land that symbolizes the following motto: “Open house, open village, open mind.”
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-con car/van for pick up and drop off (16 seaters)
- Boat cruise
- Departure time and meeting points: Hotels centrally located in 1 district
- English-speaking guide
- Cool-towels, mineral water
What's excluded :
- Beverages and other meals are not mentioned in the program.
- Travel insurance, Visa fees to Vietnam
- Personal Expenses
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- At 7:00 AM, we’ll pick you up at your hotel and then depart from Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi Tunnels. Cu Chi is now considered a heroic district for its role in the anti - American War in Vietnam. It is legendary for its tunnels system of over 220 km and is a popular spot for both Vietnamese and foreigner.
Upon arrival in Cu Chi, you’ll be shown a documentary film about the tunnels and learn how the locals made bamboo traps, rice-paper and rice-wine. You’ll then have the opportunity to explore the tunnels dug by Vietnamese resistance fighters. You spend your time inspecting the tunnel site, visiting the gates, traps, underground hospitals, worships, kitchens and bunkers, and going through a section of the tunnel.
After exploring the tunnels, we have a lunch with traditional Vietnamese Food and drive to My Tho. This is one of the provinces that comprise the Mekong Delta Area. We’ll cruise by boat along the upper Mekong through a region with islands named after 4 animals that appear in Buddhist Writings – Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix and Turtle. On this part of the tour you’ll observe some of the activities of regional Vietnamese daily life and appreciate how life here depends on the River.
Then we’ll take a boat trip along the small waterways to see the agricultural richness of the delta region with fruit orchards, coconut groves and bee-keeping farms. We’ll stop so you can enjoy honey tea, seasonal fruit, fresh coconut candy and Southern Vietnamese Folk Music.
At the end of our tour, we’ll drive back to Ho Chi Minh City and drop you off at your hotel at 08:00 PM. Thank you for using our services! We hope to see you again!
Note: "Surcharge 30% will be applied for: 01 Jan, 30 April, 1 May, 24 Dec, 31 Dec”
Departure Point :Hotels centrally located in 1 district
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.