Sail to Basel and then explore either Bern, Luzern, Zurich or the Swiss Alps.
This tour allows customers arriving from Basel by River boat, several options to choose from when visiting Switzerland. Choose from Zurich, Switzerland`s busiest city, the capital Bern, the gem of Luzern and even Basel on the Rhine itself.
Basel will involve the old town and the cathedral, Luzern the wooden bridge and the Lion Monument, Zurich the Frauen and Gross Munster and Bern the clocktower and the Bear Enclosure.
Or go via nature and visit Mount Pilatus and the Lake Luzern region, the Bernese Oberland and Interlakien, Lauterbrunnedn or Grindelwald, the Rhinefalls or other stunning nature spots in Switzerland. There are several to choose from.
The idea is that you can select where you want to visit or perhaps think of extending your trip by few days. Feel free to get in touch and discuss your trip.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Rhine Falls
- Entry/Admission - Pilatus Luzern
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zurich, Zurich
Zurich is the London of Switzerland. There is a real mix of commerce, history, culture and entertainment. We will spend a couple of hours strolling round the central areas and visiting the most important places of interest. Grossmunster, Frauenmunster, St Peter`s Church, Lindenhof and Bahnhof strasse to name the highlights of this hustling bustling city.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rhine Falls, Rheinfallquai, Neuhausen am Rheinfall 8212 Switzerland
Visit Europe`s largest waterfall and see millions of gallons of water rush over the rocks along the Rhine. Walk or take the elevator down to the viewing platforms. Take a boat across the water to get "up close and personal" to the crashing waters. Admission 5chf and boat is 5-9chf
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Lucerne, Lucerne
Spend 2 hours in Luzern and visit the highlights such as the Chapel Bridge, the Water Tower, the Old Town, the Lion Monument, the Jesuit and Hof Churches. Journey to the Chateau Gutsch above Luzern for breath-taking views of the town.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pilatus Luzern, Schlossweg 1, Kriens, Lucerne 6010 Switzerland
Drive to one of Luzern`s most iconic mountains, Mount Pilatus at 2132m above sea level. Take the boat from Luzern to Alpnachstad and then take the steepest cog wheel railway in the world to the summit. There take in the breath-taking views of the Swiss Alps. Have some lunch and then take the cable car down half way to Frakmuntegg and have a go on the Tobaggon or the Tree park. Admission is around 75 chf discounted from 105chf.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg, 68300 Saint-Louis, France
- River Rhine Basel
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Typically Swiss Tours adheres to the Clean and Safe Policy developed and managed by Swiss Tourism. Your experience will not be affected greatly and you will still have a lovely day.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.