Sails to Rails Museum Admission Ticket (formerly Flagler Station)
Located in the historic Key West Bight, discover this state-of-the-art museum with hands-on exhibits, raw footage, unique artifacts, and the only scale model of Fort Jefferson at Dry Tortugas National Park.
As you travel through this interactive timeline of Key West history, uncover the history of sponging, turtling, fishing, cigar making, and tourism that put Key West on the map. Touch a genuine silver bar from the Spanish Galleon Nuestra Senora de Atocha that sank full of gold, silver, and emeralds during a hurricane off of Key West in 1522. Get to know Henry Flagler, John D. Rockefeller’s partner in Standard Oil, in the original paymaster’s railway car from the Florida East Coast (FEC) Railway. Inside the Maggie Atwell House, see the only remaining wooden structure built by the FEC, learn about the backbreaking work of building the railroad over the open ocean and the mosquito infested mangrove swamps of the Florida Keys.
per adult from
1 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Sails To Rails Museum at Flagler Station
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attraction
- Visit: Sails To Rails Museum at Flagler Station, 901 Caroline St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Guests visiting Sails to Rails will journey through the Age of Sail, a time when tall ships plied the treacherous waters of the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico and the Florida Keys from the 1500 to early 1900’s. These waters were once filled with treasure-laden Spanish Galleons, dreaded Pirates, merchant ships and more as the New World made its riches known to all who sailed her waters.They will also learn about the time in America when railroads opened up the frontiers of an emerging nation.
A visit to Sails to Rails is one of the most comprehensive overviews of Florida Keys and Key West history a visitor can obtain. This museum is a top attraction in Key West for adults and kids of all ages!
Departure Point :Sails To Rails Museum at Flagler Station, 901 Caroline St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Departure Time :8/15/2020 - 10/2/2021
Friday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 03:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.