Salalah East and West Tour
See the rural beauty of the Dhofar mountains and the sandy beaches of Mughsayl. Visit the final resting place of the Islamic prophet, Job, and smell the rich scent of frankincense as you drive towards the coast. See the true splendours of the East on a half day tour to Taqa village, Khor Rori, and Mirbat. Visit ancient villages, ruins, and immerse yourself in Eastern tradition.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - SAMHARAM
- Entry/Admission - Al Mughsail Beach
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: SAMHARAM, Taqah, Oman
Departure at 0830 Hrs. for a visit to acquaint yourselves with the rich history of Oman, dating back to 5000 years. Successive civilizations of the 'Dhofar Region' thrived on trade links with the rest of the world through the trade of the one time highly priced Frankincense product. Drive through the old town of 'Taqa' & after a visit to the landmark Castle, we arrive at the bay of ‘Sumhurum’ believed to be the location of Queen Sheeba’s trading hub, where trading of Frankincense took place. The ruins are spectacular, giving an insight into detailed locations of storage & living conditions.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Al Mughsail Beach, Salalah Oman
Continue on the coastal road & visit an interesting '2 Onion-Domed' Tomb (that of Bin Ali), with an old Cemetery. We also walk through the old village of 'Mirbat' which displays traditional ancient Omani architecture. Return to Salalah City for lunch at a local restaurant (at own cost) & thereafter, proceed west, passing-by the ruins of 'Al Balid'. The route to the 'Mughsail beach' passes through isolated Frankincense trees where we make a brief stop to smell & experience the product of Frankincense. After a visit to the spectacular 'Blow Holes' at the Mughsail beach we visit the famous Tomb of Prophet Job, situated in the mountains.
Return to Salalah City by sunset.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :City Hotel Salalah, Al Nahda Street, Salalah, Oman
Traveler pickup is offered
You guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point.Airports
- Salalah Airport, Salalah Oman
- Salalah Port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.