Salerno Shore Excursion: Private Pompeii Tour
When your cruise ship docks in Salerno, take in the area’s beautiful setting on this half-day private shore excursion to Pompeii. Explore Italy's most famous archaeological site with a visit to the ruins of Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with your expert guide. Learn about the tragedy that struck when Mt Vesuvius erupted almost 2,000 years ago and discover all the fascinating highlights of the city, such as the Forum, the Thermal Baths and the Lupanare brothel.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
This private shore excursion starts with pickup from the Salerno port by your private driver. He will take you by the highway on a 30 minute drive to Pompeii, a fascinating ancient city home to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pompeii ruins.
Learn about what happened on a fateful summer's day in 79 AD, when Mt Vesuvius erupted, spewing volcanic ash and destroying the entire Roman city of Pompeii. Unaware of the imminent danger, most of the nearly 20,000 inhabitants were buried under the ash and pumice.
Almost 2,000 years later, you can explore the site of this tragic event and see the remarkable preservation of buildings, art and architecture throughout the city. During your private tour of the ruins, you'll discover why this UNESCO World Heritage Site continues to fascinate so many visitors every year.
After meeting the guide, you'll see intriguing places such as the Forum, which was once the center of Pompeii’s political and social life; the Thermal Baths, the city's ancient public baths; and the Lupanare, the city’s former official brothel that was used by many traders from surrounding towns.
Before returning to Salerno, admire the House of Vetti, a remarkably well-preserved house excavated from the eruption featuring beautiful frescoes. Then, relax on the scenic drive back to the Salerno port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Salerno port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Stazione Marittima di Salerno, 84121 Salerno SA, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.