Salzburg and Alpine Lakes Tour from Vienna
This tour from Vienna to Salzburg and the surrounding lake district is a wonderful opportunity to dive into the world of classical music and see some of the jewels of the world’s natural heritage.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup from Vienna central hotels (postcodes 1010 to 1090), if the hotel stated in advance.
- Walking tour with professional local guide in Salzburg
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van with professional guide or driver-guide
- Guided tour on the way from Vienna to Salzburg and back
- Photo breaks at Alpine lakes Mondsee and Wolfgangsee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off. Tour ends at the Vienna State Opera, Albertinaplatz
- No pick up from apartments.
- Entrance fee.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Strengberg, Austria
In one and a half hour we will make a short coffee break at a quality restaurant Landzeit “Country time” on a highway, where you can relax and enjoy a comfortable rustic atmosphere and stretch your legs during your break.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mondsee, Mondsee, Upper Austria
Your unforgettable trip begins in the idyllic sceneries of the Austrian Alps, where you will visit the famous church of Mondsee, chosen by the film director as an ideal location for Maria’s wedding setting.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St Gilgen, St Gilgen, Austrian Alps
On the way to Salzburg you will not stop taking pictures of the beautiful lakes and peaks. View over elegant village of St. Gilgen on the northern shore of Lake Wolfgangsee reveals an Alpine idyll coupled with mountain Flair. One of Salzburg’s most famous sons has his ancestral roots here. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s mother, Anna, was born in this beautiful village.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Salzburg, Salzburg, Austrian Alps
Salzburg is an inviting, beautiful city on the banks of the River Salzach, and is also the world capital of classical music, being the home town of both Mozart and Karajan. Mozart chocolates, Mozart rubber ducks, Mozart ice cream: There is practically nothing that doesn’t sport the likeness of this city’s greatest son. As the city in which Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born and grew up, Salzburg can fairly claim the title of City of Mozart. Just be ready to bump into Mozart around almost every corner…Walk through the Mirabell Gardens and see the house where Mozart was born, as well as the cathedral and St. Peter’s Abbey, one of the oldest abbeys in Europe. During your free time you may choose to take the funicular up to the fortress of Hohensalzburg from where you have marvellous panoramic views over the city. Anyone who has ever watched the "Sound of Music" will be thrilled at seeing some of the film locations!
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Landzeit Voralpenkreuz, Voralpenkreuz 2, 4642 Sattledt, Austria
Coffee break in a countrylike atmosphere of another quality restaurant Landzeit “Country time” on a highway, where we will make a compulsory 30 minutes stop for our coach according to EU law regulations.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Tourist-Info Wien, Albertinaplatz 1, 1010 Wien, Austria
Traveler pickup is offered
-Tour departs from “Tourist Info” at Albertina Platz, A-1010 Vienna. Beside the State Opera House, in front of the Albertina Museum. Underground station “Karlsplatz” U1, U2, U4. Please come latest 5 minutes before the tour departure to the 7Travel agency official and tell your name. - Free hotel pick-up is possible from Vienna central hotels only (postcodes 1010 to 1090). Please inform us about your hotel name and address till 04:00 pm a day before the tour. Pick up from apartments is not possible.- Hotel drop off is not included.- Exact pickup time depends on how the driver collects others on the way. Make sure that you are ready and waiting at the hotel reception area at 7:15am. We cannot give you an exact time for the pick-up because it will depend on how the driver collects others on the way. - That is why please don´t worry and wait from 07:15 a.m. till 08:00 a.m. We will not forget you. However, in case you are not there, the driver cannot wait for you longer than 5 minutes- Depending on the group size, the tours will be done by minivan with a driver-guide or by bus with a licensed guide.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide in English and Russian
- Please note that you will cover approx. 370 miles (600 km) by motorway at this day; It is about a 6.5-hour drive with two 30-minutes stops; You will spend around 4 hours in Salzburg, a 2-hour walking tour and 2 hours of free time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.