Salzburg Marionette Theater: The Magic Flute
The Salzburg Marionette Theater has charmed countless children and adults for a century and has become famous throughout the world. Since 2016 is has been included in the UNESCO List of Intangible Cultural Heritage. The performance technique of the Salzburg Marionette Theatre has been declared a cultural asset worthy of preservation, as the "most highly developed form of puppet and figure theatre." In this unique baroque auditorium they present operas, including Mozart's Magic Flute, as well as the Salzburg classic The Sound of Music, Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker ballet and Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream or Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince. Children for sure will like Peter and the Wolf or Rumpelstiltskin.
This is for one admission ticket to see the show of choice, that is available. Transportation and other accommodations not included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Salzburg Marionette Theater
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit: Salzburg Marionette Theater, Schwarzstrasse 24 Mozarteum Complex, Salzburg 5020 Austria
In this unique baroque audience hall with 350 seats there have been operas, musicals, plays and fairytales that have occurred here such as:
The Magic Flute - Probably Mozart's best known opera, staged here for young and old. In German, subtitled in various languages. Duration: 2 hours 10 minutes, also 1-hour version in afternoons.
The Salzburg Marionette Theatre employs 12 puppeteers, trained in a wide variety of trades and professions. Qualities common to all of them are musicality, manual skill, and the ability to emphathise with the various characters in order to bring alive the marionettes on the stage. The Salzburg Marionette Theatre has evolved its own technique, which is used as a model by many marionette theatres worldwide. The puppeteers’ training, which takes place exclusively in the theatre itself, demands just as much time and perseverance as learning to play a musical instrument.
Shows are subject to seasonality and won't all be available at one time. Be sure to check back to see what new shows will be playing next.
Departure Point :Salzburg Marionette Theater, Schwarzstrasse 24 Mozarteum Complex, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Departure Time :7:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request
- Dress code is smart casual
- No short trousers in the evening
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.