Samarkand city history, architecture and the culture tour
Go back in time and let yourself be amazed by the Heart of Samarkand - Registan and the legendary city Afrosiab. Magical and full of history, the capital of the one of greatest conquerors of the world Amir Timur. The double domes of Shahi-Zinda Necropolis are majestically located to attract the city’s visitors. This tour includes air conditioned sedan car, English speaking guide. This tour starts from anywhere in Samarkand and ends at Bibkhanum Mosques near Siab Bazar.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Gur Emir Mausoleum
- Entry/Admission - Registan
- Entry/Admission - Ulugh Beg Observatory
- Entry/Admission - Shah-i-Zinda
- Entry/Admission - Bibi Khanym Mosque
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gur Emir Mausoleum, Samarkand Uzbekistan
See the magnificent mausoleum of Amir Temur. The entrance portal and the interior decoration are the highest points of the architectural development in Central Asia. Take great photos and explore the interior and the surrounding areas of Gur-Emir mausoleum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Registan St, Samarkand, Uzbekistan, Samarkand 140164 Uzbekistan
The heart of Samarkand, "the pearl of the orient" are the names of this magic place in Samarkand - Registan. We will explore the courtyards and the interiors of each madrasah. Great for photography.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ulugh Beg Observatory, Samarkand Uzbekistan
In this museum which is located in the hill outside of Samarkand city we will see the remains of Ulugbek's observatory which was built in the beginning of 15 century. It is considered to be one of the biggest observatories of that epoch and united many famous astronomers. We will explore the remains of the gigantic sextant and the nearby museum.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Shah-i-Zinda, Samarkand Uzbekistan
The necropolis which means "dead city" is located in the hills of the ancient city Afrosiab - first settlement of Samarkand. This place is considered to be the workshop of the local architects and the craftsmen which is why it is a "gem of Samarkand". We will see many mausoleums of Timurids family and the unique architectural style of each building.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bibi Khanym Mosque, Guzarskiy Lane, Samarkand 140164 Uzbekistan
The gigantic mosque built by Amir Temur is standing now near the oldest bazaars in the city - Siab bazar or market. The size of the building is impressive and is one of the biggest in Central Asia at that time. We will explore the interior courtyard and the two small mosques on the sides and the main mosque in the middle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Gur-e Amir Сomplex, 1/4, Universitetskiy Boulevard Бўстонсарой кўчаси, Samarqand, Uzbekistan
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in Samarkand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Bibi-Khanym Mosque Биби Хонум Масжиди, Bibikhonim Str., Samarqand, Uzbekistan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.