Same Day Tour to Taj Mahal at Agra from Chennai
Journey back to the days of India’s Mughal Empire on this private Delhi to Agra tour that includes admission to the Taj Mahal. With a private guide, admire the exterior and interior grandeur of the Taj Mahal, one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. On this private day trip, you can be sure you’ll enjoy an in-depth and personalized experience.
• Private day trip to Agra from Delhi
• Get an in-depth tour of the iconic Taj Mahal
• Enjoy a traditional Indian lunch at a popular restaurant
• Private tour with an expert guide ensures a more personalized and flexible experience
• Transport by air-conditioned vehicle included
per adult from
18 to 19 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Transfers/Sightseeing by air conditioned private vehicle
- Monument Entrance Fee for Taj Mahal only
- Professional private tour guide
- Pick up and drop off from Chennai hotels.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Taj Mahal
What's excluded :
- Return Flight Tickets (Chennai – Delhi – Chennai )
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Monument Entrance Fee for Agra fort
- Entry/Admission - Agra Fort
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Early morning pickup from your Hotel in Chennai and Transfer to Airport. Fly to Delhi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Taj Mahal, Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra 282001 India
Early morning pickup from your Hotel in Chennai and Transfer to Airport. Fly to Delhi. Upon arrival in New Delhi, get driven to Agra, a city located on the Yamuna River. Reach Agra and head straight to the Taj Mahal- a UNESCO World Heritage Site and perhaps India’s most iconic landmark, the Taj Mahal. Built in the mid-1600s, this white marble mausoleum was commissioned by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in dedication to his wife. Learn about the Turkish, Indian and Persian architectural styles as you admire the detailed interior and exterior décor, the beautiful garden and the general magnificence of the place with your guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Agra Fort Rakabgani, Agra 282003 India
Optional – If time permits, you can also visit Agra Fort, a World Heritage site and Mughal architectural wonder. Enter the 94-acre (34-hectare) brick fort, noting the mix of Islamic and Hindu influences in its design. Hear about the purposes of the various buildings such as the Hall of Private Audience (Diwan-i-Khas), Pearl Fort (Moti Masjid), Mirror Palace (Sheesh Mahal) and Hall of Public Audience (Diwan-i-Am).
Note: Pay the Monument Entrance fee directly.
At the end of your tour, you will be transferred back to Delhi airport for your return flight. On arrival, you will be picked up from the airport and will be dropped back to your hotel in Chennai.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Chennai City center Hotels
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- In the wake of the ensuing COVID crisis, we have re-invented our hygiene protocols and have taken concrete steps along with training our guides, drivers, representatives and other staff at our destinations’ offices. So, we are fully prepared for your safe travel.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.