San Francisco LGBTQ Walking Tour with Local Guide
Cruisin' the Castro Walking tours celebrates 30 years of Pride and as San Francisco's first and ONLY Legacy Business Tour Company! This prestigious award recognizes Cruisin' the Castro as a longstanding, community-servicing business and a valuable cultural asset to the City & County of San Francisco.
Tours are fun, fascinating and offers twice as many tour stops that not only include the colorful sites of the largest LGBTQ community in the world, but explores the spectrum of sexual and gender diversity and the struggle with achieving equal rights in America. No other tour offer this rare and educational opportunity!
Tours are conducted by a local resident, professional tour guide and a civil rights activist.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - The Castro
- Entry/Admission - Harvey Milk Plaza
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Castro, Castro and Market Sts., San Francisco, CA 94114
Come cruise the Castro on this fun and comprehensive 2-hour tour! Celebrating 30 years of walking with PRIDE, Cruisin' the Castro Walking Tour is San Francisco's premier tour company!
Learn about LGBTQ culture, diversity and the lack of civil rights in America. Explore the many historical sights that has shaped a community as well as, a world wide culture. No other tour offers over 20 historical sites that span from the Gold Rush, World War II, civil rights leader, Harvey Milk, the AIDS epidemic, the Rainbow Honor Walk and beyond!
Cruisin' the Castro Walking Tours is conducted by a long time local resident, historian and community activist. Recognized as a TripAdvisor "Hall of Fame" member since 2011!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Harvey Milk Plaza, Southwest corner of Castro and Market Streets, San Francisco, CA
Learn how Harvey Milk arrived and became the 1st openly gay male politician to serve public office in United States and a Civil Rights Activist. Find out how the rainbow flag was created!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Human Rights Campaign Action Center and Store, 575 Castro St, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
Harvey Milk's original camera shop, campaign headquarters and resident. It is now the home of the Human Rights Campaign Action Center and Store. Learn how LGBTQ people do not have equal rights in employment, housing and public accommodations today.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :400 Castro St, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tours operate rain or shine
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.