San Francisco Urban Adventure and Alcatraz Tour
This urban adventure in San Francisco takes you around the city in a safari-style open-air vehicle, then drops you off at the ferry to Alcatraz Island for the cellhouse audio tour. On this uniquely crafted sightseeing tour limited to 12 people, you will see renowned landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge and hear quirky stories about the city as an entertaining guide drives your custom vehicle through SF's distinctive neighborhoods. After the four hour city tour, your tour guide will drop you off at Pier 33 where you will catch the ferry to Alcatraz Island. Most guests spend two to three hours at their leisure enjoying the audio walking tour of the former federal penitentiary known as ‘the Rock’. Hotel pickup is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Sightseeing tour
- Professional guide
- Round-trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island (US$39.90 value)
- Audio walking tour of Alcatraz
- Hotel pickup
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94123
Your city tour will end at the Alcatraz Ferry landing where your tickets to the ferry will be waiting. Go in the prison to experience the included audio tour and then explore the rest of the island at your leisure. Most guests take two to three hours before catching one of the ferries that return to shore every 30 minutes.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
We will find the best view of the Golden Gate Bridge for the day of the tour. That may mean crossing in to the Marin Headlands, heading to Baker Beach or getting underneath the bridge at the landmark Fort Point.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: 501 Twin Peaks Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94114
Enjoy the best view of the city from its geographic center. We may find another lookout point depending on guest interest and weather.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Golden Gate Park, 501 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117-1898
Enjoy a drive through San Francisco's urban backyard. We may cruise by more or less of it depending on guest interest and weather on the day.
Pass By: Haight-Ashbury, Haight Street between Masonic and Stanyan, San Francisco, CA 94117
Enjoy a drive through the historic center of the "Summer of Love" and discover street art, music locations and beautiful Victorian architecture.
Pass By: The Castro, The Castro, San Francisco, California
See the classic Castro Theater, Harvey Milk's former campaign office and more in the center of LGBT culture in San Francisco.
Pass By: Pacific Heights, Pacific Heights, San Francisco, California
We will drive past beautiful Victorian and modern mansions including Billionaire's Row and the Mrs. Doubtfire House in San Francisco's swankiest neighborhood.
Stop At: Mission District, Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
We will drive through the colorful heart of San Francisco's Latino community to see the Mission Dolores and bright murals. We may also stop to walk down one of the neighborhood's famed mural streets like Clarion or Balmy alley.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: Hotel Zephyr, 250 Beach St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
2: Drumm & California, 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We are happy to pickup at hotels around downtown San Francisco. If you are staying at a homeshare or outside the pickup area, we can find a mutually convenient place to meet.Ports
- James R. Herman Cruise Terminal, Pier 27, San Francisco Pier 33 - Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Return Detail :Alcatraz Landing, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- MUST provide all passenger names at time of booking
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- You may leave Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last departing ferry is usually 6:30pm
- All passengers over 18 will need to show a government issued ID to pick up tickets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Public Tours will operate at 1/3rd capacity (only four guests) to allow guests to space out in our open-sided vehicle. Guests must attest that they are not experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone testing positive for COVID-19 before boarding.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.