Sanguinho Hike from Ponta Delgada
Lace up your hiking shoes and embark on a walking tour of Sanguinho on this 6-hour guided tour from Ponta Delgada. Walk the trail next to the Ribeira stream through the forest, admire the waterfall of Salto do Prego and take a dip in its crystal-clear pool before continuing to the historic village of Povoação. A picnic lunch is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by minivan
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Picos de Aventura, Avenida Doutor Joao Bosco Mota Amaral Marina Pero de Teive, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel 9500-771 Portugal
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Salto do Prego, Faial da Terra, Povoacao, Sao Miguel Portugal
The high point of the walk is Salto do Prego, a waterfall semi-hidden in the middle of the forest.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Sanguinho - Nature Tourism in the Azores Lda., Casa João Moleiro, Apartado 23,, Faial da Terra, 9650-160 Povoação, Portugal
The village of Sanguinho was inhabited for more than a century by a relatively wealthy population that took refuge in this area due to the dangerous overflow of the Faial da Terra River. Twenty houses were built with pig pens, four sheds and a haystack.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick up at the hotels in Ponta Delgada and on our way to the activity: Lagoa, Vila Franca and Furnas.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Full information here: shorturl.at/cnx49
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.