Santa Cruz Trek
Treks depart from Huaraz, an adventure town where you can check your gear and pick up snacks for your ride to the trailhead near Vaqueria (12,139 ft / 3700 m) or Cashapampa (9514 ft / 2900 m).
The highest point along this 27 mile (43 km) walk is Punta Union Pass (15,616 ft / 4760 m). If you have more time to spend in the wilderness, there are a few side treks you can make, extending the trip to a week or more.
The following itinerary starts at Vaqueria.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Breakfast - Breakfast x 3, Lunch x 4, Dinner x 4, Snacks & Water
- Private transportation
- Camping & Dining Equipment included. Sleeping bags available for hire
What's excluded :
- Domestic Flights, Hotels,Gratuities
Day 1 - Vaquiera to Paria camp
Start in Huaraz and travel 71 miles (114 km) to the trailhead at Vaquiera. The path is well-marked up the Huarípampa Valley. Camp tonight at Paria campsite (12,795 ft / 3900 m)
Day 2 - Paria campsite to Taullipampa
A challenging day of trekking, it's all about pacing yourself and taking in plenty of water. After about three hours of hiking, you’ll reach the Punta Union Pass, a narrow notch in the granite wall of mountains. Overnight Taullipampa
Day 3 - Taullipampa to Llamacorral
This section of the trail passes Lake Jatunchocha (12,749 ft / 3886 m), where you can spend some time lounging by its shores or going for a chilly dip in its waters. Camp tonight at Llamacorral (12,335 ft / 3760 m), a grassy field surrounded by boulders. Overnight Llamacorral.
Day 4 - Llamacorral to Cashapampa
The path continues through a grassy ravine, past waterfalls and steep walls of sheer rock. The path is obvious and you'll finally emerge from the canyon to views of the farmland of the Santa Cruz valley. The long journey finishes in the village of Cashapamapa, where you can catch transport to the town of Caraz, and another ride to Huaraz. Overnight Huaraz.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pre-trek briefing the evening before in your hotelMinimum group size - 2 persons
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.