Santo Domingo: the first city in America founded by Europeans, the capital of the Dominican Republic. It was founded in 1496 by Bartalomé Colón, on the east coast of the Ozama River. In 1502, Nicolás de Ovando moved the city to the west coast of the river. It is a cosmopolitan and flourishing city, full of historic buildings that show the Spanish conquests of the American continent. It is the largest city in the Caribbean. Santo Domingo is a varied and interesting area for both tourism and its people. There are many invaluable old buildings that can be visited in excellent condition today. A pleasant walk through the historical part of the city is needed to discover how important and beautiful these buildings are.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - Typical Dominican food and drink Entrance fees to monuments Guided visit Alcazar de Colón, Plaza de España and Catedral Primada de América, Guided tour through the typical streets of the Colonial Zone
- Entry/Admission - Santo Domingo Excursion
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santo Domingo Excursion, Santo Domingo Dominican Republic
Discover the city of the first Europeans in the new world, Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic, founded by Bartolomé, brother of Christopher Columbus in 1496 on the east coast of the Ozama River. During our trip, we cross Altos de Chavón (city of Coral), an artistic city near La Romana, on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, one of the most famous places in the country.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our customers at any hotel in Punta CanaAirports
- Punta Cana Airport, Punta Cana Dominican Republic
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.