Santo Domingo City Tour From Punta Cana
Take a fascinating day trip and experience one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in the Caribbean, Santo Domingo. Enjoy the day by visiting the city's first cathedral, catching a glimpse of Christopher Columbus' house and touring the beautiful, local monuments and museums.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air conditioned transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alcazar de Colon, Calle La Atarazana 2 Plaza de Espana, Santo Domingo 10212 Dominican Republic
The Alcázar de Colón, or Columbus Alcazar, located in Santo Domingo's Ciudad Colonial, Dominican Republic, is the oldest Viceregal residence in the Americas, and forms part of the Ciudad Colonial UNESCO's World Heritage Site. It was built on a plot close to the rock islet that look towards the Ozama River, granted to Diego Columbus, firstborn son of the discoverer of the Americas, Christopher Columbus, by King Ferdinand II of Aragon, to build a dwelling for him and his descendants on the island Hispaniola, to which he arrived in 1509 as governor. The building houses the Museo Alcázar de Diego Colón, whose collection exhibits the Caribbean's most important ensemble of European late medieval and Renaissance works of art, which were acquired in the 1950s. The Tapestry collection (spanning from the 15th to 17th centuries) is particularly important and unique in the Caribbean, and includes pieces produced by the Flemish Van Den Hecke family from cartouches created by Charles Le Brun. The Alcázar is the most visited museum in Santo Domingo
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Parque Colon, Calle Isabel La Catolica Centro Histórico, Santo Domingo 10210 Dominican Republic
Beside the Catedral Primada de América, this historic park contains several trees and a large statue of Admiral Columbus himself. It’s the meeting place for residents and is alive with tourists, townsfolk, hawkers, guides, shoeshine boys, tourist police and thousands of pigeons. The corner of Calle El Conde and Arzobispo Meriño is the premier people-watching corner in the Zona Colonial.
Pass By: Basilica Cathedral of Santa Maria la Menor, Callejon de los Curas Ciudad Colonial, Santo Domingo 10210 Dominican Republic
The first stone of this cathedral, the oldest standing in the Western hemisphere, was set in 1514 by Diego Columbus, son of the great explorer (the ashes of father and son supposedly once resided in the chapel's crypt). Construction, however, didn’t begin until the arrival of the first bishop, Alejandro Geraldini, in 1521. From then until 1540, numerous architects worked on the church and adjoining buildings, which is why the vault is Gothic, the arches Romanesque and the ornamentation baroque.
Pass By: Calle El Conde # 502 Ciudad Colonial, Santo Domingo 10210 Dominican Republic
One of the most iconic streets in Santo Domingo.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.