Santo Domingo Sights & Bites walking tour
Immerse yourself in the rich colonial history of the city, visit local markets, find some of the must-try treat of Santo Domingo, then finish the day with an icy-cold Dominican beer.
As we walk, we will visit the Indepence Park, a landmark place celebrating the independence of the Dominican Republic, reaching the ancient city walls from where you will hear about Santo Domingo's rich history, such as how Spanish and Arab immigrants shaped actual city, and how the Dominican Republic and neighboring Haiti have developed a rich business exchange. Walk through Little Haiti and discover the scenic tiny companies that sell Haitian products.
Local markets are packed with fruits, vegetables, grains, and spices, and are a lively array of colors and flavors. Learn about Dominican cuisine's most diverse new fruits and vegetables, and local popular religion or Dominican Vodoo.
Here we're going to visit Chinatown and attempt some sweet Chinese refreshments that local people enjoy.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Fruits, sweet and salty treats, chinese bread, pastelitos, quipes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Colonial, Ciudad Colonial, Santo Domingo Dominican Republic
Leave your beach chair behind for a while and immerse yourself in Santo Domingo, the largest city in the Caribbean and the captivating capital of the Dominican Republic, sights, sounds, history, and flavors. This is your opportunity to experience the best that Santo Domingo has to offer, along with a local guide who can take you where the guidebooks can not.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Plaza Pellerano Castro AKA Parque Rosado, esquina, Calle Isabel La Católica & Calle Arzobispo Portes, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Columbus Park, Calle Isabel La Católica, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.