Santorini Acient Akrotiri and Wine museum
5-hour small-group tour of Akrotiri and wine museum with a professional guide
Explore the excavations of Akrotiri, a Minoan city that lay buried for centuries after a volcanic eruption
Hear of Akrotiri's links to Plato's Atlantis, an ancient city that was said to have disappeared after the Greek gods were angered
Visit Wine Museum , being 8 metres below ground. It is shaped like a labyrinth and stretches for 300 metres, presenting the history of wine and the daily life of the Santorini’s vine dresser since 1660. Visitors are toured around the facilities while seeing depictions of wine’s history. In the end, visitors have a chance to try four of the best wines of the modern winery, in a specially designed tasting space.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional archaeologist at Akrotiri
- wine tastings
- entrance fees akrotiri and wine museum
- Entry/Admission - Santorini Volcano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santorini Volcano, 847 00 Greece
Take your first stop at the exciting archaeological site of Akrotiri, an ancient settlement of the Minoan Bronze Age that was destroyed and buried by a great volcanic eruption about 3,600 years ago. Walk to the semi-crushed multi-storey buildings with your archaeological guide and see frescoes, ceramics and other relics as you will hear how life would have been years ago. Of particular interest is the intelligent drainage system that testifies to the complexity of the engineers of the time. Many speculate that this dated site hosts the ruins of Atlantis, a mythical city described by the Greek philosopher Plato. The long history of Santorini's winery is demonstrated in some of the remains of Akrotiri, providing the perfect slogan for the next round of visits, first making a stop on the
Grab your camera and get ready - such landscapes are not to be found everywhere...
While Santorini has several of the sort, Red Beach’s landscape is truly unique: Dark blue waters, with the mountain towering above them, crimson and black, combining a unique landscape. This interesting and special morphological character puts the Red Beach among the fascinating shores in the world.
Prophet Elias Mount
Α visit to the monastery of Prophet Elias, up on the hilltop, is a must. There, visitors can marvel at the panoramic views of the island..
It is the sole underground Wine Museum in Greece, being 8 metres below ground. It is shaped like a labyrinth and stretches for 300 metres, presenting the history of wine and the daily life of the Santorini’s vine dresser since 1660. Visitors are toured around the facilities while seeing depictions of wine’s history. In the end, visitors have a chance to try four of the best wines of the modern winery, in a specially designed tasting space.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Agiou Athanasiou, Thira 847 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Your Santorini hotel / apartment / AirBnB/ airport / port athinios / cable carAirports
- Santorini Airport, Greece
- Athinios Ferry Port, Órmos Athiniós, Greece
- Santorini Old Harbor, 847 00, Greece
Departure Time :2/9/2021 - 10/31/2021
4/1/2022 - 11/30/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 03:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 03:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The company has successfully participated in the Educational programme regarding the National Hygiene Protocols and regulations concerning tourism under the framework of preventive actions for the new Coronavirus and COVID19 disease. The educational programme was implemented by KEK GENNIMATAS LLL.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.