Santorini Small-Group Cooking Class and Wine Tasting
Discover the crisp wine of Santorini and learn how to cook melt-in-the-mouth Greek dishes on a 6-hour food and wine tour of the island. With a sommelier expert guide, you’ll visit two traditional wineries to sample up to eight glasses of the local wine and learn about Santorini’s volcanic soil. Help a local chef prepare Santorini signature dishes with more wine followed by a traditional lunch of your creations. Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 8 tastings of wine at two traditional wineries of Santorini (Boutari Winery and Gavalas Winery)
- Cooking class at Aroma Avlis Food and Wine Restaurant (Artemis Karamolegos Winery)
- Professional Chef
- Professional guide at the wineries
- Full 3-course lunch after the cooking lesson including wine and Vinsanto
- Recipe card
- Mineral water
What's excluded :
- Treat yourself to a fun & informative Santorini cooking class and wine tasting tour including a culinary feast filled with Santorini flavors and classic Greek island dishes.
The day starts with a visit to a charming vineyard learning about the unique viticulture that makes Santorini’s vine-growing respected worldwide for its distinctive means of production.
Hear about the wine and the island’s characteristic volcanic soil — known as aspa — that helps produce wine with abundant mineral flavors and light notes.
During the tour you will visit two traditional Santorini wineries and taste the island’s signature types of wine such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and Vinsanto.
Then chat with your guide about the island’s cuisine and help a local chef prepare a feast of three Santorini signature dishes at a traditional restaurant.
When your food is ready, sit down to eat. Savor all the fruits of your labor at the end of the cooking lesson and help yourself to wine to complement your creations.
Finish with a glass of Vinsanto and a local dessert to end your meal in the Santorini way.
· Boutari winery
· Gavalas or Venetsanos Winery or Hatzidakis Winery
· Cooking class restaurant
• Greek salad, Santorini version (vegetarian)
• Tomato-fritters (traditional Santorini appetizer, vegetarian)
• Local pork fillet on sweet "Vinsanto" wine sauce (signature Santorini dish)*
• 4. Dessert of the day (Santorini homemade)
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your Santorini hotel / Apartment / AirBnBDirections: Tour includes pickup and drop-service from all accommodations and hotels throughout Santorini.In case your accommodation is not car-accessible or access restricted, pickup will be coordinated within walking distance from your accommodation.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pick-ups will be done to the closest accessible areas; parts of Santorini are in a slope and can't be accessed by vehicles
- Minimum age for the consumption of alcohol is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces. This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
- Tour route: · Boutari Winery or Estate Argyros · Gavalas Winery or Venetsanos Winery · Aroma Avlis Food & Wine (Artemis Karamolegos Winery)
- Cooking lesson menu:
- Greek salad, Santorini version (vegetarian)
- Tomato-fritters (traditional Santorini appetizer, vegetarian)
- Local pork fillet on sweet "Vinsanto" wine sauce (signature Santorini dish)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.