Scenic Blue Mountain Hike from Kingston
Explore the majestic Blue Mountains by taking a hike up Jamaica’s tallest peak on this 8-10 hours tour. Escape the busy, broiling coastal regions and explore the cooler side of Jamaican life with a hike to the Blue Mountain Peak, which stands 7,200 feet tall. This area boasts many spectacular scenic views and diverse flora and fauna and an abundance of bird species including the national bird of Jamaica, the doctor bird. This trip is a must for anyone who loves nature and hiking. Lunch is included.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour Guide
- Lunch - Breakfast for sunrise hike or lunch for daylight hike
- Optional Coffee Farm Tour
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mountain Peak
What's excluded :
- National Park Fee ($20usd)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blue Mountains, Kingston Jamaica
The adventure begins with pickup from your Kingston hotel, accommodation at 6:30AM or 12AM. After a briefing on the day's activities, climb into the comfortable 4-wheel drive and travel approximately an hour up to Mavis Bank. The hike begins at Abbey Green, which sits at an elevation of 5,000 feet (1,524 meters).
The Blue Mountain is situated in the Blue and John Crow Mountain, which is a World Heritage Site. The first part of the trail is called Jacob’s Ladder, a steep and winding path that takes you straight up the side of the Blue Mountain. The distance to the peak from here is 5.8 miles (9.2km). The spectacular scenic views along the way will amaze you – and keep an eye out for bird species including chestnut-bellied cuckoo, rufous-throated solitaire, crested quail dove and the national bird of Jamaica, the doctor bird.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Blue Mountain Peak, 12 Crofton W Ford PO, Blue Mountains National Park Jamaica
This is the highest point in Jamaica at 7402ft (2256m). It is said that on a clear day you can see Cuba from the Blue Mountain Peak. This area is also famous for its coffee. Cap the day off with a visit to a Jamaican coffee farm, where you can enjoy a taste of Blue Mountain coffee and an authentic Jamaican lunch. Finally, your driver will return you to your Kingston hotel, where the tour ends.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
AirbnbApartments HostelsOther accommodations
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Bring warm clothing, a light raincoat and comfortable walking shoes/boots
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.