Scenic Food & Wine Tour
This full-day tour combines the stunning scenery of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland with some of the region’s finest local produce. After being collected from your coastal accommodation, you will head inland towards the lush subtropical hinterland.
The first stop of the day is a scenic lookout to take in the stunning views of the National Heritage-listed Glass House Mountains, then onto the dairy town of Maleny where you will sample a selection of local and international cheese.
From Maleny, you’ll head to lunch in a Queenslander style building and onto the quaint hinterland village of Montville for wine tasting and free time to peruse in the shops and boutiques, pick up locally handcrafted items and breathe in the fresh mountain air.
Whilst in Montville, you’ll also visit Chocolate Country where you will experience a luxury handmade sampler box (one per couple) of five chocolates before making the scenic return trip down the range back to your accommodation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free time to explore Montville Village
- Scenic Lookout of the Glass House Mountains
- All transportation
- Stunning Views of the Glass House Mountains
- The best day tour opportunity for a food & wine experience
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine Tasting
- Snacks - Luxury Handmade Chocolate Sampler Box, Local & International Cheese Platter
- Entry/Admission - McCarthy's Lookout
- Entry/Admission - Colin James Fine Foods
- Entry/Admission - Mason Wines
- Entry/Admission - Chocolate Country
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: McCarthy's Lookout, 563 Mountain View Rd, Maleny, Queensland 4552 Australia
Your first stop is McCarthy’s Lookout which is in Maleny, on the aptly named Mountain View Rd. It looks east off the Blackall Range towards the coast where you will enjoy the gorgeous National heritage Listed Glass House Mountains.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Maleny QLD 4552, Australia
Our next stop is Maleny a picture-postcard dairy country town. Located 436 m above sea-level on the southern edge of the Blackall Range Maleny attracts painters, craftspeople and potters. During this time, you will enjoy cheese tasting and explore the town at your leisure.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Colin James Fine Foods, 37 Maple St, Maleny QLD 4552, Australia
Enjoy a true cheese experience while you sample the finest Australian and international cheeses made by artisan cheesemakers. You will be provided with a cheese tasting board which would include a selection of cheese plus condiments to include quince jam, baby pickles figs, muscatels on the vine, dried fruit and crusty sourdough. Maleny Food co has a reputation as one of the premier cheese shops in Australia with a selection of more than 250 cheeses.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Maleny, Maleny, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Lunch which is included is in a traditional Queenslander style building, where breezy verandas and big open spaces create a feeling of lightness in a relaxed setting. The Lunch menu is prepared with good quality food using local produce and consists of Salads, Burgers, Sandwiches & Wraps.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Montville, Montville, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
When we arrive at the Hinterland Village of Montville and following wine & chocolate tasting, you can spend free time checking out the delightful shops and boutiques, enjoying this picture-postcard village and its fresh mountain air.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mason Wines, 3/184 Main St, Montville QLD 4560, Australia
Our first stop in Montville is Mason Wines, a Cellar Door offering wine tasting of local award-winning wines. Here you’ll smell and taste local wines whilst identifying the different aromas while being educated on the different grapes grown in our region.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chocolate Country, 192 Main St, Montville, Queensland 4560 Australia
Chocolate Country has been specialising in making and serving handmade chocolate to locals and visitors alike since 1993. Here you will experience a luxury handmade sampler box (one per couple) of four chocolates which you can take with you to enjoy in your accommodation.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up LocationsMooloolaba, Maroochydore, Alexandra Headlands, Cotton Tree, Coolum, Twin Waters, Marcoola, Peregian Beach, Sunshine Beach, Noosa, Noosaville, TewantinPick-up TimesMooloolaba 9 amMaroochydore, Alexandra Headlands, Cotton Tree 8.50 amTwin Waters, Marcoola, Coolum 8.35 amPeregian Beach, Sunshine Beach 8.25 amNoosa 8.15 amNoosaville, Tewantin 8.05 am
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Dietary - (GFA) Gluten free available (VA) Vegetarian available (VGA) Vegan Available *Other dietary options available
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Covid Safe Plan implemented in conjunction with Queensland Health and Queensland Tourism Industry Council.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.