Scientific Treasures of Athens
Admire the change of Evzones guards, stationed at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and learn the secrets of the Greek Parliament building. The tour continues to the nearby Museum of Greek Ancient Technology, where you will have the chance to get to know ancient Greek technology by admiring over 300 operating models of ancient Greek inventions. After a quick break for beverages, our tour continues in the vibrant Athens city center, where you will discover the scientific secrets of iconic monuments from the Ancient Agora to the Tower of the Winds. Your tour will finally take you to the newly established Museum of Herakleidon, where you will explore and interact with some of the most iconic scientific inventions of Ancient Greece including the famous Antikythera Mechanism. Our tour ends at Monastiraki Metro Station, where our guide will provide you a Parthenon Tours souvenir.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Experienced local guide
- Surprise quality gift
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Kotsanas Museum of Ancient Greek Technology
- Entry/Admission - Museum Herakleidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Leoforos Vasilissis Amalias Syntagma Square, Athens 100 28 Greece
Change of guard and photoshooting
Pass By: Hellenic Parliament, Parliament Mansion, Athens GR-10021 Greece
Learn the secrets of the Greek Parliament building
Stop At: Kotsanas Museum of Ancient Greek Technology, Pindarou 6, Athens 10671 Greece
Get to know ancient Greek technology and admire over 300 operating models of ancient Greek inventions
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athens 105 55 Greece
Discover the scientific secrets of iconic monuments from the Ancient Agora to the Tower of the Winds
Pass By: Tower of the Winds, Aiolou, Athina 105 55, Grecia, Athens 10555 Greece
Discover the scientific secrets of iconic monuments from the Ancient Agora to the Tower of the Winds.
Stop At: Museum Herakleidon, 16, Herakleidon str., Thisseio, Athens 118 51 Greece
Explore and interact with some of the most iconic scientific inventions of Ancient Greece.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Syntagma Metro Station, Pl. Sintagmatos, Athina 105 63, Greece
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :ΜΟΝΑΣΤΗΡΑΚΙ, Pl. Monastirakiou 12, Athina 105 55, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.